1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brad Burns- AMA - DQ'd for cheating

Discussion in 'General' started by birdie56, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Used to be the CCs was stamped on the cylinder block. Not anymore. Also the clutch cover has different oil quantities, but that can be changed

At least on the 06/07 you can tell by the EIN

The VIN and the Engine Identification Number (EIN) aren't the same. But check the EIN on the right side, in front of the oil level window. The 750 EIN starts with R, the 600 with N

2. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Not sure I follow you, are you saying it was a bitch move to cheat in the first place or a bitch move to protest the guy and tear his motor down :confused:

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Out of sheer curiosity, what kind of times was he running?

I ws out there, and when looking at mylaps looked at a couple 600 novice races for shits (since it was my second expert race), and I recall only seen the winner doing like 2:08s or something like that. Thats not slow, but certainly inside that "rider makes a lot more difference than motor at this pace" realm.

4. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

I wonder why only the rider can file a protest..? Yes it is that way in at least a couple of race Orgs.. but I still wonder why..? Heck, double the fee for any non-rider... It is way true some guys would NEVER file a protest as they think it would make them look bad (even if he was right..). But then if no one ever files a protest, then the value of the rule book is greatly diminished..

And why not have mandatory tear down for the top 3..? After all, some race Orgs do that.. A pain yes, but... takes all the sh** out of it....

In 1975..? at Daytona, I remember several guys beating the crap out of their gas tanks on the cool down lap... duh..

And yes, every now and then, a Cheater is found out...

Wish someone would protest my bike... I could use the extra $$$$....

Cheers..!!!

Ron

5. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

let me start by saying, i know brad and been racing against him for a couple years. he is a good younger guy with dreams and made some bad decisions in his racing career. we all made bad decisions somewhere in life. he knows he made a mistake this weekend and really regrets it and is dealing with the consequences. i know i talked to him a couple times about it. there is alot to the story and i'm not going to get into it. he made a mistake, got punished for it and hopefully he will make better decisions in the future. making a mistake is common but learning from your mistakes is what is important.
    now as of wera events that brad attended this year. did he use a 750 motor? my opinion from bangin bars with him this season, i dont think so. i have an 09 zx6r with a bazzaz, full exhaust and a dirty race air filter. 93 octane for me. motor has about 12000mi all track and more clapped out than a new york hooker. my bike would go around him down the straight at summit but he is pretty strong on the brakes. i have video to back up my opinion. hopefully he will decide to continue to race with us and show us he dont need a 750 motor to run in the front pack. oh and so you all know, my last race with him he beat me by .02 of a second. my next race he better be at the top of his A game because my 110% will be bumped up to 150% lol.
    hope this helps with everybody's opinion of the situation and making decision. if anybody still thinks they are perfect next time u catch yourself making a mistake think of me, AKA yank521 say (hahaha you f$cked-up you jack ass) i say it to myself time and time again. good night everybody, and please donate to the air fence fund to help all of us in our sport stay safe. its easier and faster than reading all these posts

6. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I've heard of one AMA team with a popular youth outreach program that's been accused of cheating at chuckwalla and WERA West; it's disappointing to hear of this at the AMA level, but rumors were circulating all weekend.

7. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

i agree, :tut:

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes and no.

If I was some cat showing up on my self-funded privateer 600 and heard some other dude was running a 750 for 600 SS, I'd be pissed. So I can see if somebody had an issue.

What I am suprised at though is this was apparently a debut weekend...from what I understand.

Not the time for shenanigans, imo (and not the Gary type).

9. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Almost everyone in LWSS cheats, thats why I built a superbike and quit running that class! Got sick of being passed by 90HP "SuperStock" SV-650's with Hyabusa pistons, etc.. Thats right.....I said it, and Y'all know who you are...were.... Lot's of them gone now that there's no money to cheat for! I'm out here to have fun. Glad the damn money is gone! It really brought out the Cheeeeeeters! Damn cheeeeeterzzzz! :Puke: Hated 'em! Good riddance!

:Poke:

10. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

And furthermore..... They need to have a LWSB class at the Nationals so I can run in 2 classes without Cheating or being cheated on! Why not ditch LWSS and have F2 and LWSB. More bikes legal. More entry fees for WERA and almost no freakin' chance of jackass cheaters! I might actually drive to Utah or NOLA for a national if my bike were legal and competitive in 2 classes! WTF???

No way a Kaw-650 wins in LWSS class with a ss legal motor (unless the grid is really thin and the track is curvy!) I know....I ride one! So SS is pretty much the SV-650 class.

Damn....I'm on a roll here! ;)

Crap!......drink's empty again! Better go to bed! :crackup:

11. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I've always heard there were two kinds of racers . . .

Cheaters and Losers ... :rolleyes:

But Damn ... I can't see putting your reputation on the line at your first AMA round. :wow:

12. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Yeah, you lost me there, too.

13. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I have done my fair share of stupid stuff.
    I hear ya though, guess its time he steps up to the plate and figures out some stuff. I am 33, took me until last year...

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Brad's shit is WEEEEEAAAAAAAK!! Thats about all I have to say on this thread. 750 in a 600...? Thats punk shit. Not AMA nor WERA quality.

Also... I dislike EDR racing every time I read that guys shit.

15. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Hmm. I'd bet same I know of!

16. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

IMO the top guys in most clubs aren't cheating. It's the mid and back markers!

17. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

neither there's more to the actual story. within that, lies the bitch move.

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Spit it out,fukker!! :):moon:

19. Handicapped Racer

LMAO that's an incorrect statement.

20. Handicapped Racer

shut yer yap Gary, you know me I hold no cut cards, this is Brad story to tell, if he chooses not to post then I guess you all will never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.