Health Tax on Home Sales

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Jul 9, 2012.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Phrack! Taking more! 3.8% sales tax coming on home sales....I didn't research this much but...

When does your home become part of your health care? After 2012!

Your vote counts big time in 2012, make sure you and all your friends and family know about this!
    Fred A. Mullis HOME SALES TAX I thought you might find this interesting, -- maybe even SICKENING! The National Association of Realtors is all over this and working to get it repealed, -- before it takes effect. But, I am very pleased we aren't the only ones who know about this ploy to steal billions from unsuspecting homeowners. How many realtors do you think will vote Democratic in 2012? Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That's $3,800 on a $100,000 home, etc. When did this happen? It's in the health care bill, -- and it goes into effect in 2013. Why 2013? Could it be so that it doesn’t come to light until after the 2012 elections? So, this is ‘change you can believe in’? Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% sales tax. If you sell a $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation, -- who often downsize their homes. Does this make your November, 2012 vote more important? Oh, you weren't aware that this was in the ObamaCare bill? Guess what; you aren't alone! There are more than a few members of Congress that weren't aware of it either. You can check this out for yourself at:
    http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/obamacare-flatlines-obamacare-taxes-home
    I hope you forward this to every single person in your address book. VOTERS NEED TO KNOW.

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

ALL the words are important.

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Sorry but I don't like the word "could" near any possible additional taxes they can slip in, sales tax included. You know as well as I do that "could" with the government and money means "will" a good 90% or more of the time.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, I could be stupid enough to believe Obama again and vote for him later this year but I wasn't that stupid the last time. HOPE! Change! Forward! Taxes!

Stupid f@cks still believe his lies. :crackup:

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

If you actually read the law, "could" usually will mean "won't" for this one.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hush now! Don't be such a negative Nellie!

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Oh, Sorry, this is the Rush Limbaugh thread of the day. I'm supposed to act outraged and get all riled up!

Meh.

I'm tired of being played for a fool. I'm tired of watching others fall for it.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That based on Hope or Change?

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So at what point does usually become always.

Thats the problem with ambiguity. It can change for no apparent reason at the whim of a very few people. Slippery slope and all...

I can't believe how many people still think those lying, cheating cocksuckers in government are trying to do anything other than get reelected. It is so cute when older guys are still that idealistic.

10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Yeah....because our gov't is so thrifty and forgiving when it comes to all things taxes, right? :rolleyes:

And the brilliance in gov't is staggering....what better way to help a struggling real estate market than by adding a 3.8% tax....maybe we can spin it and say it's not really a tax!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Settle down Beavis...

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/04/a-38-percent-sales-tax-on-your-home/

Its a 3.8% tax for those who make over $200K/year AND over $250K IN PROFIT of the sale of their home. I seriously doubt anyone here is affected by this.

So, if you make that much and you sell your home for $250,001 more than you paid for it, then you'll hit the tax threshold.

I'm not defending the administration or condoning the inclusion of the tax in the healthcare bill, I'm just sayin' that this ain't the reason the sky is falling...

12. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

It's just more of the same old bs...rob peter to pay paul...

13. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

And if they find out there isn't enough at the levels they've chosen, make no mistake, those levels will change. If you believe otherwise, you haven't been watching a damn thing our government has been doing for years.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Folks will just manipulate the pricing to eliminate or minimize the taxes. The anticipated revenue will be lower than projected because Congress always passes tax legislation without accounting for changes in behavior. Taxes will be raised elsewhere to cover the shortfall, most likely on the middle class.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It's another tax on the "evil rich" folks. At least Barry and his gang of thugs are consistent.

16. Donkey1

Donkey1 Well-Known Member

Rich folks are the debil :tut:

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Glad I'm poor. Gonna get me some free health care, free groceries, free cellphone ussage with unlimited minutes, free housing and a lot more frees.

and you dickholes are gonna pay for it.

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I think you have to buy an Escalade to qualify for all of those programs... Audis and Volvos and Jeeps don't qualify...

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hey, Romney could win... :D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

FREE!!!! Gimme gimme gimme!

I want free medical pot now! Not going to smoke, just going to send pictures of my pissing on it to MRwhatever in order to give him a stroke.