1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RA Saturday Race 2 Crash

Discussion in 'General' started by GIOROJAS, Jun 12, 2012.

1. GIOROJAS

GIOROJAS Well-Known Member

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Jim is one tough hombre. I know he was sore and said he was fine but damn that was a hard tumble. I'm glad he got such a good jump on the field and there was some room for you guys to go through! Heal up Jim.

3. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I have a video from the same race, only I was back in the novice grid. I'll have to post it up when I'm done with work.

Glad he's okay! I didn't realize what had happened, I just saw him and the bike on track when I came around.

4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

5. jimne245

jimne245 Well-Known Member

Man, that one kind of hurt. Still don't know what happened though. Nice holeshot and up the hill and then there was nothing but my shield between my wide open eyeballs and the tarmac. It melted my tearoff to the shield which any other time would look kinda cool.

Ahab is right that it was probably a good thing that I had such a good start and I know Gio was concerned that I would roll back into the race line. Apologies to everyone for the red flag. That was a great HWT grid!

Looks like I fractured/broke some stuff in my throttle wrist. Still waiting on ortho appointment. Twisted the neck pretty good and bent a couple of toes. All in all probably pretty fortunate. For those of you debating a chest protector, I highly recommend one. I believe mine saved me even more grief. Anyway, I am sorry to say that I will miss the rest of the season most likely and won't be able to put on a good show at Roebling with Gio come July.

Thanks to AhabChris and Courtney, Chris Wall, #41 Michael and wife for helping me pack it up; Gio and crew and others for their concern to drop by and bring my sadly crunched up machine back to my pit. When I see everyone again, please say thanks to my phenom-wonderful wife Roo for nursing me through this so that I can get back out there one of these days. My big dog doesn't like me to be hurt either. He likes his road trips to the track so that he gets his own bed in the motel!

And I would be remiss not to say thanks to the medical staff for being great, whomever picked my bike up out in the weeds and got it back, and the cornerworkers and wera crew for looking out for my safety as I lay in the danger zone.

Reading the other threads I see I'm not the only one down for a little while, so best to all those just as bummed as I, may we all see each other soon through the lens of our helmets, and for everyone else - be safe!

Jim

6. jimne245

jimne245 Well-Known Member

Wow - just watched the other video Clint just posted. Many thanks for those coming up behind and getting their feet and hands out to slow!! Please drop by the pit next time and I'll shake your hand and say thanks! That's pretty great to know fellow riders are looking out for each other - keep it going!

7. gy999r

gy999r Well-Known Member

Heal up James! Glad it's not any worse!

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Get better Jim. You're fortunate you're as strong and fit as you are, or you'd be much worse. You'll be back in no time.

9. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Heal up quick, that looked rough!

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

If I kicked or waved anymore someone would have had to name the dance... Glad you are ok...

Unfortunately that restart roasted my clutch.. On top of that, I lost a big end rod bearing on the 2nd to last lap. Time for a rebuild anyway..

11. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Glad you're okay Jim.

12. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin Well-Known Member

Glad youre ok man. I was in that race too.... a scary moment for sure. Get well soon!

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I have a decent view of the crash on my camera too. I will post it up when I get some more time. Glad you"re OK man...looked like a nasty crash.

14. GIOROJAS

Glad to hear your OK... we'll see you soon.

15. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

Heal up fast, James.

16. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Dang Gio! What do you have a Ducati-crashin'-frikkin'-laser beam on the front of your bike? That's at least two!! :eek:

Heal up fast Jim!!

17. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

18. GIOROJAS

Brad i wish i had a camera when you crashed in front of me. Same thing.... maybe you guys need to run some Bridgestones.... the Bridgestone front tire is solid.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Most friends say "Bro, I wish you hadn't crashed." :D

20. GIOROJAS

Sorry, Brad i wish you hadn't crashed but if i had a camera.....