1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large Dogs and Cookouts

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

First off... I do like dogs. But I have an ex sister-in-law that repeatably brings her 125 lb black Lab everywhere she goes. Well yesterday it didn't work out so well. It was her grandson's high school grad party. Outside pool party cookout... brats, pork shoulders, ribs, all the fixins. Well this monster droolin dog literally licked his way onto everyone! He was hanging around the cooker all day. I saw him licking a 4 months old babies face many times. I think it was in bad taste to bring her dog. Nobody wants to hurt her feelings about her dog being a pest. I don't blame the dog, I blame her. Why is it some people can't make a move without their dog around? Don't get me started about the people who drive with their dogs in the laps or in their face!!! rant over:cool:

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You're correct. Don't blame the dog. Your ex-sister-in-law is an idiot who hasn't bothered to teach the dog how to behave appropriately around food.

3. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Does your Ex-sister-in-law buy large quantities of peanut butter from a local warehouse club?

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Hahahahaha "like" ^^^^^

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

No....but she owns her own peanut farm:eek:

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

:clap::clap::clap: Bingo Boingo. No man in her life, she got a big black dog and fresh home made peanut butter. And it was licking a 4 month olds face..think where that tongue has been

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You have an ex-sister-in-law with an 18-year-old grandson? How friggin' old are you? And why are you hanging out with an ex-sister-in-law anyway? Don't you hate your ex-wife like everybody else?

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Her and my brother have been divorced for 30 years, she's still a part of the family somewhat. I'm 49, and have not heard a word from my ex in 10 years....I'm lucky;)

What's odd is in over 30 years neither has had anyone else in their lives, and they argue and flirt like an old married couple. But it might be ending soon since she's doing BigBlackDog:crackup:

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That must be one fat lab!!

Plus she is an idiot for not teaching it manners.

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

anyone who owns labs knows there is no teaching them manners.... around food and children anyway

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

clearly your ex sis isnt Vietnamese... 125lb lab would be the centerpiece of a cookout! :D

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My 120lb lab ruined a cookout once. I'd set 10lbs of frozen hamburger out on prep table next to the grill to thaw. She nabbed it and had eaten a little over half before I caught her. She ate so much she was sick. She just laid in the floor and groaned for the whole rest of the day!

14. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Its a pathetic shame that a human being cant take a little time once a day to train their dog until its trained! Its not rocket science to have your dog knowing the basics..Were not talking schutzhund training here.Just the basics.. Dont invite her next time..Plain & Simple.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

First rule of dog ownership.

1. Always remember that you like your dog far more than everyone else. Shit your dog does that's acceptable to you will offend others.

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Man up and tell her. I had to do it to my sister in law. She's one of those people who get a new dog quite often, and then pawn it off on someone in order to get another. She was always bringing them to parties and what not and it became an issue when she brought a female over and Hank wouldn't leave it alone. She asked if I could get my dog away from hers and I said sure, leave your pets at home, this isn't a dog party! Haven't seen them with a pet since. :)

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'll admit, our family does give her some slack. She recently lost both parents, and has survived 2 bouts of breast cancer. Still needs to train her dog though.

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be a need to leave the dog at home. Just need to train the dog.

I had my mutt (the one in my profile pic's 80 lbs. big "brother") at a friend's pool party/barbeque yesterday and he never bothered the 3yr old and 5 yr old neighbor kids when they were eating. The older one was tossing him a football all afternoon.

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I took my well mannered dog to a pool party once. She never bothered anyone eating but couldn't resist an appletini. I have no clue why.

David

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

She was thirsty!