1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping with the animal theme-squirrel problem

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, May 25, 2012.

1. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

We recently got some solar panels installed on the roof. Well, now the squirrels are convinced that this a great place to be. I've watched them try to make nests, however, they don't seem to have any luck. I have two concerns though:
    1. I don't want those beedy eyed bastards chewing up any of the wiring.
    2. Those little bastards run around the roof above my bed at 6am. Man I want to kill them.

As such, keeping with the animal control theme of the day, any suggestions. Can I use a bigger bucket of water with the squirrels? I can't shoot them as much as I would like for fear or arrest (I live in NJ) or putting a hole in the panels. What about have a heart traps followed by torture? Any thoughts, as they are driving my nuts!

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I shoot them with a pellet gun. I have used the havahart traps. Then throw the trap in the nearest body of water or fill a garbage can with water and throw it in there.

3. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

When I was a teenager I used to shoot the squirrels in the back yard with a paintball gun. They'd get super pissed and leave for a while. It's not permanent, but it's so fun you'll want to keep them coming back for more.

4. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

You just gave me an awesome idea for my neighbor's cat that keeps coming over at night and waking me up causing all sorts of havok......thank you!

5. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

Great idea. The neighbor will wonder what the hell the cat got into when it comes home limping and pink.

6. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Pepper balls :up:

When the cat gets home it will be the gift that keeps on giving.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Have you at least complained about the cat to your neighbor yet?

8. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Pellet gun or silenced 22. Then par-boil for a spell and then lightly flour and fry in bacon grease in a cast iron skillet. Squirrel back straps=yum!

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Glue traps

10. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

Oh Look....at little squirrel taking a nap!!!! The SOB's will eat into everything.....so you have to control the population...

[​IMG]

11. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

high powered pellet gun is the best. If you leave them be there will be just more and more. I shot two this morning..... but somehow as many as I shoot - there just seems to be another one or two to take their place. Makes me wonder just how many damn rodents are out there

12. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

22 cal. pellet rifle from about 30 yards.....does the trick..