Motion pro throttle kit on Gsxr

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Spitz, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Have a 07 Gsxr 1000 and the stock throttle cables are limiting my angle of my brake master. I plan on putting a motion pro revolver throttle on there. Can I use their start/stop switch in place of my factory one? Are they a plug and play type system or not? Anyone ever done it another way that works? This isnt a street bike so doesnt matter for lights or anything, just startup and kill switch, but i'd like to retain the factory harness "just in case"..

2. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

On my 08 750 the switch was not plug and play.

I ended up cutting the throttle cam housing off the OEM switch and the Revolver fit just fine.

3. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Not plug and play you have to move pins or splice, but you can cut off the throttle part and it works fine, I did the same thing.

4. gsxrmink

gsxrmink New Member

Go to MotionPro.com, there is a video on the installation of the plug. Unless you ride the bike that the kits plug works with, you will have to do as they mentioned and swap the plug.

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Since this post i've gotten two broken switches and trying to get it going with motion pro. Yea,you were right, a few moved pins using the old connector body from the stock wire loom. At least the pins are the same, just have to back them out and figure out where you want them. One of the wires needs to be tee'd into to get a power feed to the starter button, otherwise pretty straight forward.

6. got40

got40 On hiatus...

I moved my start/stop switch to the other clip-on.

7. gixxer188

gixxer188 Member

8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

For anyone with similar questions. I just took my stock switch off, "depinned" the connector from the end of it and inserted the motion pro pins in the correct positions. Basically makes it able to plug into the stock harness without cutting anything up.

9. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

It Makes life easy when the pins fit into the other connector.
    But i went with the Domino start/stop.Its very slimline.

10. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Cut an OEM plug off and splice it in....remove a few wires since all you need is 3 to really make it happen..

11. MCoop

MCoop Trackhead Motorsports

I've not heard good things about the MotionPro start/stop switches. Any SV650 switch will be plug and play, or you can get a Yamaha R6 or R1 switch and splice your old wiring harness connector on to it. The wiring diagrams are out there on the gixxer forums.

I went with the R1 switch myself and it worked great.

12. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I used the Honda RC51 switch and spliced all the wires so it acts like a stock switch. No problems so far.