Wills rim repair

Discussion in 'General' started by buzz-06, May 2, 2012.

1. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I know there are a few threads on this but just wanted to put another out there. Sent my wheel and rotors out last Tuesday to be checked and straightened. Will contacted me Monday to let me know they were done and what was wrong and what was fixed. A very small dent in my wallet and two days later I come home to a box with my wheel and rotors. Wheel looks absolutely perfect and everything was packaged great. I was a little hesitant at first but service like this can't be beat. :up:

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

:up::up: Two Up for Will!!

3. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Hey what's his #? I'd like to send some out ASAP.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

5. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

Sent Will a front wheel and two sets of rotors..fair price.. returned in a week..:up:

6. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Great dude!

7. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Must either be a busy guy or tough to get ahold of. I've tried calling everyday and haven't been able to reach him. Apparently his voicemail box is full too. :confused:

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

think email is probably the best form of communication.

9. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Wouldn't happen to have it would you? It's not listed on his website and it says to call for email??

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

11. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I've sent a few wheels to Will and always received excellent results
    and prompt service, and had another front delivered there on Monday.
    As always :up::up: for Will.

12. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Thanks! :up:

13. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

It's a one-man shop. He's smart enough to work instead of talk on the phone all day. On an average day, I lose over three hours of potential earning time to people who call to ask questions that could be answered by ten seconds of thinking and reading.

I don't even know Will, but I can answer the most common questions he would get every time he answers the phone:

1) Q: "Do you repair rims"
    A: "Have you read the name of the business?"

2) Q: "How much will it cost?"
    A: "The price will be less than a replacement wheel and it will be as reasonable as I can make it. You'll need to trust me on that. My reputation might be a good basis for that trust."

3) Q:"When will the job be ready?"
    A: A: "When I finish it. Sooner if I can get off the telephone."

4) Q: "Is my job ready?"
    A: "Did I call you to get payment yet? No? That's because it isn't ready yet. Add the time for this phone call to the time-to-completion."

5: Q: "Can you fix Ducati/BMW/Bimota/Suzuki rims?"
    A: "Yes, it IS a rim, isn't it? I fix rims."

Everything else he says is just politeness to keep the customer from getting angry when they realize how stupid they sound.

I get questions like that every day. Sometimes I just stick a shorting plug* into the phone jack and everybody gets a busy signal for a couple hours while I get some work done.

(I don't actually presume to speak for Will's Rim Repair per se. But, I speak for every small one-man service business when I say that many phone calls from customers are totally unnecessary.

*You can make your own shorting plug. Take an old phone cord, cut it 6" from the plug. Take the red and green wires in the cord , strip each of those back about an inch, and twist the copper conductors together. Just plug that shorting plug into the phone jack. That will turn OFF any phone line connected to that jack. Callers get a busy signal.

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Anyone else have any luck using anyone else for rim repair? Currently, Will has three rims of mine and he's had them since March. Calls and emails go unanswered and unreturned.

Now I've got two more rims that need work and I'm not willing to part with them for 5 months.

Any suggestions?

15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

16. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I sent some rotors to frame straight and it took 6 months to get them back. I won't be sending them my wheels

17. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

Pico Wheel in Van Nuys, Ca. They've straightened a few wheels for me. Been in business for ever, 3rd generation family member running the place now.

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Woody's Wheel Works in Denver, Colorado. I've gotten excellent work on spoked and alloy wheels from them.