1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sabotage at Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by arlaetxa, May 16, 2012.

1. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

Kinda along the lines of my sentiments too. The camaderie of racers (despite some healthy rivalries) is just too strong a bond...

...which is why the 'rag in the tank' story at Miller is troubling - not only because its my local track, but just can't place someone that vindictive. Not saying it didn't happen - just really, really weird given the people I know down there.

2. Now that i think about it, mine were sabatoged too...that is why i didnt win. :D

Sad part is that somebody could mess with all of my knobs/clickers and i would never know it, i dont mess with any of that shit; i just ride it. :crackup:

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Someone poured maple syrup into the crankcase and pooped in the gas tank of the 675 Chris. That's why it would only do 85mph up the front straight at VIR :D

4. I was wondering if you and Bob had planned on eating that many pancakes. Now it all makes sense. :D

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Agreed.

The two bikes in question are owned by racers on my team.

And I tried to rationalize it that way. Just a coincidence. But two front sprocket nuts that were put on at different times and had the lock washer peened over coming off after sitting overnight on the two bikes that were sitting closest to the entrance to the garage is really, really, unlikely. I put both those front sprockets on. I know I peened over the washer.

Last year, another of my riders had a bike that was in the same spot in the garage had the same thing happen.

Someone took them off. I'm sure of it. In the unlikely chance I find out who would endanger two of my very close friends like that, the repercussions will be very public.

If nothing else, racers should take this as a friendly reminder to go over your bike several times though out the race weekend. Passing tech in the morning doesn't mean you're good forever.

6. gy999r

gy999r Well-Known Member

Hey Alex, same thing happened to me last September at Barber as well. My compression and rebound were completely backwards from were we set them. I was all over the place and then eventually tucked it in turn 2-3 outta second place. Just got to hide the bikes at night I guess. Glad you didn't get hurt!

7. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

I dont understand. Don't people realize that this could KILL someone!?

8. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Tim - I was 1 pit down from you at Tally in Feb (thanks for the chili) - a friend of yours and his wife (we were in the racer school together) were in between. I remember she was having some issues, but I thought it was fueling. Was it someone else?

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Why would someone mess with you? You're one of the most easy going people in the paddock.

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

:stupid: I weigh 240 before I put on any gear - pretty sure that until I lose a pound or two, NOTHING will help any suspension issues I may be imagining.

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

If they were trying to mess with me, they missed the mark because they got my two friends instead.

And thanks man. Coming to Summit?

12. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I had like a gallon of water poured into either my VP can or my tank back in the day. That was awesome to figure out..

13. sowega

sowega #710

I miss MCA, too.

14. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

One weekend, sunday finals, started to hear a noise coming from the engine, It was only bad at warm up and went away. got home tore the engine down and found a granola wrapper blocking most of the oil p/u screen. it was NOT a bar I ever bought!!!
    these people need to think of the others out there, a seized or blown up engine can take out a lot of people.

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They'll never think of others, that's why they did it in the first place. If caught, they need a beating within an inch of their life.

16. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

I was hoping to completely forget about it by now but this thread reminded me of the time my rear axle nut mysteriously came loose as well as the safety clip mysteriously disappearing around the same time.

Didn't notice until after my first race of that particular weekend but it was a surprising discovery nonetheless considering how much attention my bike gets before and after any track time.

17. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

Aww hell. Look whose talking. You were in on it once, now it's just payback time ;)

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

CMP yard sand is good for destroying a perfectly good and expensive 560 motor...

The one and only time one my bikes has been left out over night anywhere. Nothings more fun than popping a motor at a buck twenty through the kink...well maybe fun isn't the correct word.

May the dirt bags that think it's ok to sabotage others equipment have their junk eaten away by necrotizing fasciitis.

19. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Someone poured sand into your beautiful Honda? That sucks beyond suck. No wonder you're such an asshole now. :)

20. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:crackup: