1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coke in talks to buy Monster Energy..

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Coke Zero used to sponsor the Suzaka 8 hours and a bike or two at the IOM IIRC. But nothing of note on this shore.

3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Nothing will happen to the sponsorship. They want the brand to reduce competition. They'll buy the company and add the profits to the bottom line. Marketing VP's will have presentations on how the sponsorship helps the brands and how it's crucial to the business and so on.

After that, the brand will go on auto-pilot until profits turn south.

4. stow

stow Well-Known Member

5. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Meh, seems like every time a "big" corp. buys a smaller one, the product goes down hill. Being a Monster drinker, I hope it doesn't happen..

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

never drank one and don't plan to...but as long as they don't change the Monster Girls' little skimpy outfits i don't care who owns them. :cool:

7. stow

stow Well-Known Member

The Monster Rehab lemonade is really good. It is the only energy drink that I actually like.

8. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

Have you never heard of NHRA? Coke owns Full Throttle energy drink which is the title sponsor, before that it was the PowerAid NHRA series, another Coke brand....just sayin :rock:

9. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

As a "two a day" Monster absolute zero drinker, would love to see all the money I waste on it go to paying Mr. Rossi to race!

10. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Coke is already the distributor for Monster.

11. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

A distributor....not THE distributor

12. Bandit730

Bandit730 Racing neophyte

Would also make sense why Spies hasn't been producing the first two races, eh? :D

13. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

*yawn*
    This rumour hits a few times a year.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah usually to run up monster stock holders share price. ;)

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There is a Monster gas station in town. Do these exist elsewhere? I've never seen another.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Coke/ Sprite/ Coke Zero sponsored the 8 hours for like 30 years.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That $#!+ has gone up enough already, dammit. Looking back to right after 9/11... MNST was a split-adjusted .25/share. It hit 83-something today before settling down to the mid-70s, then tanking to the mid 60s.

Still, a 260-fold profit in ten years. I'd take that. :(

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The deal is reported to be worth $11 Billion. Damn!

19. Hyperdyne

Yep and I also see how much Full Throttle sells. Does full throttle sponsor any big time players? Or is it a brand recognized across motorsports?

20. Hyperdyne

Yep.... :rock: