Windtunnel: Blake Young interview with Dave Despain

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

What accent?? I just listened to it and he talks just like I do :rolleyes: Just cause he drinks from a bubbler :)

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

3. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Did someone say Mladin the GOAT?

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just judging by the couple of times I chatted with him, Hayes is just plain folks. No ego there at all. He just goes out and gets the job done. He's just the kind of guy I admire, tons of talent combined with a strong work ethic and doesn't blame anyone else when he comes up short. There's nothing to dislike about the guy.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In any series I almost always find myself pulling for the old(er) guy. Hayes seems to have a similar work ethic to what he's doing out there like Mladin did, which is probably why Mladin was/is my favorite of all time.

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I didn't hear Blake say anything egotistical. He's beaten Josh plenty of times, and still admitted Josh is the older, wiser rider. He dispelled any notion that Josh had malicious intent (which I thought was obvious from the video, if not from just knowing who Josh is and how he operates), and his point about the restart positions being unfair isn't completely unreasonable.

neither rider "caused" that red flag individually, Josh just happened to be far enough ahead that his bars cleared Blake's bike.

and I'm not really a fan of Blake's. Nothing against him; he's just not the first guy I root for.

7. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Doubt it. I bet Mladin could come back right now and be on top over Hayes and Young.

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I bet you get all damp at the thought of Bayliss returing to World Superbike too. :rolleyes: Some people need to learn to move on, and embrace the now.

9. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed having Mudbug sit in with me. Thanks to Moose for getting him on the phone. A revolving door of guests in the booth made it lots more fun ... and the Fun Meter was pretty much pinned anyway.

Great job by Danielle, too.

Dreb

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

nuh uh

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes Daniel did a awesome Job.. You as well Dreb..

12. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Move on? I was just commenting about being the next Mladin. Do I post threads about hoping for a Mladin or Spies return? Oh and I don't give a rats ass about Bayliss :crackup:

13. weiljh

weiljh Well-Known Member

Overall The weekend was a HUGE success, Dreb and Danielle did an incredible job on the Mic. The revolving door of different folks coming in to be on the PA system was some of the best from Bubba to a NASCAR driver, we have never heard such a diverse group. The racing was amazing, and Josh and Blake are both class acts, and M1 puts on a heck of an event. Thanks to all! And yes Blake is a little on the cocky side, but that is part of his personality, and after the gutsy ride he put in on Saturday he has the right to be a little cocky. Josh is still a club racer at heart which is why we all enjoy him so much.

14. got40

got40 On hiatus...

:stupid:

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackhead:

16. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Yup...With a comment like Mladin being able to be immediately fast if he where to race again... I must be high on crack :moon:

17. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Moot point. Nobody can pay his minimum price anymore.

18. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Screw the big bux! Doesn't anyone have pride anymore? :crackup:

19. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Pride might be why they won't race for free (or for less money).

20. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. I was joking of course.