1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Talladega National Participants

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Apr 12, 2012.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not sure about the other guys, but we we have planned, booked, and are prepared to travel farther than likely anyone else. We will make it either way. Sean asked, and I answered, that due to unforseen circumstances (my wife's father passing away yesterday) I am a little jammed up. I understand your point of view, and think it's valid. I'll let Sean take it from there.

2. eagletangogreen

eagletangogreen Well-Known Member

KWS

As most know I'm in the military and i put my leave in as soon as the schedual is put out. Rescheduling would not only effect me but a few people at my work and a possibility of it not getting approved.

I vote to not change!

Luie Zendejas

3. DOGITOUT

DOGITOUT Well-Known Member

I say leave it as is.Gavin hasn't rode sense roebling and he needs to get back on the bike.It is though for us to get seat time he is to young for most trackdays ,ccs wont let him ride the sv. We are going to miller and dont want to show up with cobwebs streaming from the bike.I will say if moving events is possible miller,road atlanta and nola sure is alot of distance to cover in a short time.$$$$$$$$$

4. Not in favor of the move... we are doing the endurance race..

5. merck148

merck148 Member

I am involved in the racing next weekend.
    I agree with "NOT" moving the event.
    I know there are people with arrangements already made and will be expensive to change.
    It is also a bitch to get days off for vacation and now I would have to change it AGAIN.
    This is crazy that a week before the event your thinking about changing the event.
    NOT a good idea

6. James d394

James d394 Member

The schedule has been out for months. Everyone knew it was a conflicting weekend. What is the big surprise now?? And if they move the race now I probably won't be able to take off work to come to the rescheduled event. I vote again. Don't move the race!!!!

7. Triple R 21

Triple R 21 Well-Known Member

On behalf of Chris and Parker Steele, we would ask not to reschedule the event.

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Just better hope after all that travel and expense that it doesn't rain!! Oh wait, this is WERA! :Poke: ;)

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

No one is saying that - there will be diminished grids because of conflicting events. As a promoter, WERA must address that.

It has no effect on anyone really, but if the event is in August, wrenches like myself in this area might be more likely to attend to support our customers.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to ask, can you keep the date and add another date later. No dog in the fight, not coming to the race and not trying to muddy the waters.

11. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea :)

12. eagletangogreen

I miss read the dates I thought the reschedule date was 25th of this month..

Its far down the road that it would not make a difference (to me)... and give me an excuse to do the Barber round.

Im in different????:confused:

13. DOGITOUT

DOGITOUT Well-Known Member

Not everyone looks at the bbs and many of us don't pay our phone bills just so we can go racing.So if you did change the date how many people show up at tally next weekend for nothing.

14. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

I'd just like to point out that our point of view is from a rider that is ready for the current schedule & pre-registered for it even ... has nothing to do with not being ready :)

15. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Luie is talking to himself....

Either way...looking forward to racing...next weekend or August. It's all good here... I can see how this could screw some guys up though....and could see how more guys could possible show up in Aug

16. eagletangogreen

Its fun try it!:clap:

17. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

Hey Louie, I was looking at my calendar too for the week-end of August 25-26. Looks like I am open to squeezing in another event like Tally. It's a slow week-end. All I had was:

1) Race WERA at Nelson Ledges Sportsman Series Northeast
    2) Race CCS at Summit Point & Team Challenge 65 laps endurance race
    3) NESBA track days at Barber
    4) Fly to the Czech Republic and race my CRT bike in the MotoGP race

:rolleyes:

18. nomad600

nomad600 Well-Known Member

Must read forums more often.

I was planning to race National rounds on Sunday, actually already made plans for bike to stay in Atlanta this week rather than come all the way back home with me. I vote for leaving the date as is because I know I can make this round, if it is moved to August, maybe I can go, but probably not.

19. Johnnygxr

Johnnygxr "Gravitational Expert"

I too am in favor of keeping the date as is. I own my own business and it is believe it or not difficult to schedule yourself off even when you are the boss! Lol. Will be running endurance with jolly roger and formula 2 and lwss on the Berg. I will keep my hopes up!!:beer:

20. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Truer words were never spoken. The last vacation days I took was a week long gap trip in june 2008.