1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eating Out is Kinda Gross

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Germ-a-phobia is actually making us more susceptible to real sicknesses, according to CNN. They cite the rising numbers of people with peanut allergies as one example.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I also used to see a lot of restaurant kitchens when I delivered beer and liquor, plus I was a line cook and a restaurant manager. If you're going to eat at restaurants, just resign yourself to the fact that your food has been mishandled. Its worse at some places than others, and Chinese restaurants are across the board bad because they have no concept of proper food handling, but most restaurants hire workers from countries that have no tradition of cleanliness when it comes to handling food.
    Even the best restaurants mishandle food. People who eat out on a regular basis can expect to suffer various degrees of food poisoning several times a year, along with contracting colds, the flu and various other easily contracted ailments.
    That's just the way it is. I could write a book about all the disgusting things I've seen. Once, at a store where I was in manager training, I saw a dishwasher use a towel to clean the bathroom, and then return to washing dishes and use the same towel to wipe dishes. He just had no idea there was anything wrong with that.

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Check it for what, the recently-vomited wings? :crackup:

4. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

I have a hard time believing that much of anything could survive on a gas pump handle. Seems to me like a pretty inhospitable environment.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why, does it have some microbe-killing substance that we're unaware of?
    Or do you think the gasoline is somehow getting onto the pump handle and killing germs? Or are you just averse to washing your hands?

6. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

Are you guys really that scared of germs? If you looked at all the places that many people touch that have germs on them, stay home. Germs will be everywhere and the less you are exposed to them, the weaker your natural germ fighting immune system will get. Stop being a bunch of B's and find the shadiest looking Chinese restaurant and eat lunch there today

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think you thought it was going to be about : "Dining at the Y" :D

9. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

I love dining out. The main reason I eat at home is to either save money or because Im too lazy. But the experience of finely cooked food & different atmosphere usually leads to a very pleasant experience.. and one I look forward to doing over and over.

Granted I lived in either the DC or NYC metro area for the past 14 years.. so the typical restuarants I visit arent the local Applebee's. But theres simply no other way to experience different food, culture and social interaction.. that a great dinner out with the woman, family or friends. The interaction and environment is what you are really paying for, the food (while delicious) is typically the icing on the cake.. at a great restaurant.

The last place I ate out was a crabshack on the Potomac river. Hard to beat a pitcher of beer, a dozen steaming hot Chesapeake bay crabs and a fried seafood platter.. sitting at a picnic table on the beach listening to the waves slap the shore and watching boats powering by. I'll take some extra germs on that please!

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'd bet the gasoline vapors alone would kill most anything on the handle. The gasoline liquid would definitely kill any "germs":crackup:.

The ambient air temp/uv rays would probably do the rest.

People afraid of gas pump handles are the super pussified if you ask me.

Just sayin'

11. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

anything that gets past that, Chuck Norris will handle