1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bike you wish you never sold...

Discussion in 'General' started by foster, Apr 2, 2012.

1. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Going through some old pictures the other day I came across one of my old 1997 YZF 750 and got me thinking how I wish I had never sold it. That was my first true sportbike and got me hooked. Sure bikes I've owned since then have had more power, better handling, bla bla bla....but none have even come close to the same feeling as that old beast.

What's the bike you wish you'd never sold?

2. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

2001 ZX-9, Great all around bike!

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sold it 6 weeks ago. I miss it bad, but it was time to move on.

[​IMG]

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

pretty much all of them for one reason or another.

but there were reasons i sold them, so that's just nostalgia kicking in.

5. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

No pics, but hands down my tricked out '73 Yamaha RD350

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

1994 ZX-7R
    [​IMG]

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

'86 gsxr 750.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'86 Suzuki GSXR 750 limited. Saw them uncrate it while I was picking up two other bikes, bought it out of the corner of the showroom floor a few years later with a ton of dust on it. I kept all the stock parts (including the original tires and exhaust in a box). Had less than 7K on it and all I put on it was a Yosh Duplex and metzlers.

GSmann likes this.
  9. caferace

caferace No.

1975 Kawasaki S1. :(

-jim

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Street bike: 1998 Kawasaki ZX9R
    Race bike: Aprilia RS250

11. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

My 2005 gsxr 750. Miss it a lot

12. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Probably my old Z1000. It was a great street bike, but I wasn't looking for a street bike at the time. I was commuting 40 miles each way on the highway. Now I have a much shorter in town commute. It would have been perfect. Then again, insurance was still high for a bike heavier and slower than almost all of the 600cc offerings.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

1992 FZR 600. I always really wanted the 400. Found one a year ago. It's sitting out in the driveway right now broken down....AGAIN! I'd really like to sell it, but, it's just so damned cute.

14. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I owned a Ferraci built 1992 888 race bike, Carbon Bodywork, Ohlins, Termi Carbon Pipes, Very F'n cool. The bike now sits in a bar in Chicago called "Players" the owner of the bar is a race fan.

MattS likes this.
  15. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

1977 Modded out RD400..:(

16. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Hard one to answer. My first four-stroke streetbike was a 1975 Kawasaki Z-1 900, with a Russ Collins Engineering 1260 kit in it, with pro-stock cams, pipe, etc. Bought it while in the Air Force out in New Mexico. Rode that thing forever, and it was stone-reliable. Never should have sold it.

But then again, in 1984 I also smuggled into NC an RZ-500, back when the DMV wasn't paying as much attention to VIN numbers. (Still remember the DMV guy coming out and saying, "Hmm, says it complies with all applicable DMV laws, right there on that sticker, so I guess it's ok".) LOL Painted that thing in Marlboro Red and White livery, and it was the bomb! Ditto with the regret-thing.

Then lastly, bought a 1993 Ducati 888, right after my dad passed away, and I guess it was just my way of healing my grief, I went to Eraldo's place and had him put in his very-first streetable 944 cc kit. That thing made 140 HP back in 1994, and that was just a tick below what his factory bikes made. That thing brought me all kinds of crazy-grins. It sounded like a NASCAR V-8 and went like stink! Won a CCS National Title on that thing in 1994 at Daytona. But I actually didn't sell it, it was stolen in 1996, along with 2 other bikes in my apartment complex. (Yes, it was parked outside, but under a cover with two kryptonite locks on it.) My neighbor saw it being stolen, but four guys just picked it up and tossed it into the back of a white dodge van, and..... poof! Gone in 60 seconds.

17. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

1995 Ducati 900 SS SP.

18. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

1970 H1RA 500 Kawasaki.

19. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

That was my very-first street bike, an orange one. Still remember riding my dad on the back, going down the street in front of my house, and pinning the throttle and hearing him scream like a girl. Good times!

20. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Nothing special about it, but I loved this bike.
    [​IMG]

ToofPic likes this.