1911's

Discussion in 'General' started by peakpowersports, Mar 19, 2012.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

FU! I do prefer my 1911 tho...

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Oh it can get worse...........much worse

[​IMG]

3. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

That's funny. First 1911 i played with kinda reminded me of "point and click". It was too easy. Best shooting gun i've ever owned, but i hardly ever shoot it anymore. The SubCompact and the Ultra and the Alaskan all make me feel like i've accomplished something when i hit what i'm aiming at. :D

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I built an Alaskan out of a standard SRH .44mag. except I sunk the sights down lower and removed the hammer spur. I think I can throw it more accurately than shoot it!

5. MGarrett50

Hahaha. At least use up all your ammo before you start throwing stuff. You have six more chances to get lucky that way. :D

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have the Springfield Range Officer and its sweet!

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

It's semi-loud and makes people flinch when you make them shoot it. That's about all it's good for. I think it hits 18" hight at about 7 yards, but atleast it stays on center. Just have to aim at someones belly button to make a kill shot. Lol.

8. MGarrett50

Hey, it's hard NOT to flinch with that gun. Mine does pretty good out to about 7 yards. And .44 Special ammo makes it a lot easier to live with. The muzzle flash isn't as scary though. :D

9. bird_dog0347

bird_dog0347 Major League Infidel

lol, worst gun I ever owned. It totally ruined me, I can pick up a kimber and be disappointed with just about every component. If you have never shot a SVI... DON'T DO IT.

I live north of DFW and shot with a few clubs up here before getting back into motorcycles, track days, wake boarding, having kids... etc. I will get back into it again I am sure, but not till I start racing, that has been my life goal that I set a long time ago and haven't achieved yet.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's not saying much.... :D

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Ouch :crackup:

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

EAD, DIAF, GFY......did I forget anything? :D

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

ISYWA3'S

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably but I've never really kept up on the good insult acronyms :D

15. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I've had 2 1911's, a 45 and a 9mm.

Very nice but,

I like my M & P 40 with a Burwell 3.5 lb trigger job better.

To each his own.

16. mpolans

mpolans Well-Known Member

STI Spartans are the best deals around for a 1911.

17. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Have heard good things about the SR1911 and SA Range Officer. Guess it really depends on what you're going to use it for and what you expect out of the gun. Have handled and shot both Kimber and Colt. Yes, they feel better in hand and do seem to be high quality, but as far as my accuracy, I shoot just as well with the RIA that I bought. Just wanted a simple, cost-effective 1911 that I could shoot regularly for fun. The RIA fit the bill, didn't break the bank, which allowed me to pick up an FNX 40 to add to the collection a few weeks back.

18. Seven+2 1's

Seven+2 1's Well-Known Member

+1,000,000

Once you shoot an Infinity /SV you will never want to touch another gun again. The quality and craftsmanship are the best.

The gentleman that posted the pics: You need to try the metal grips. They bring a new life and feel to the gun. The weight really helps with shooting on the move.

19. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

2 months ago I bought my first 1911, a brand new 2-tone Colt Rail Gun for $1025. It has the Colt "100 Years of Service" rollmark on the slide. Its a fullsize frame, 5" National Match barrel with the skeleton hammer & trigger. White three dot Novak sights, ambidextrous thumb safety, beavertail grip safety with palm swell, picatinny rail, two 8 round magazines. I'll definitely pickup a new set of custom grips, extended mag release & slide lock.. but no other mods are planned.

It is ridiculously accurate and extremely well made, thanks to the CNC machining processes Colt now uses to guarantee tight tolerances with their 1911 lineup. For the $1000 bucks I spent, I simply have not found a better deal.. and my only regret is I waited this long to buy it. It looks exactly like this with the addition of some rosewood grips & 100th Yr's rollmark (shown on the last pic).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  20. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Please for the love of god tell me that this gun will work with and that you own eleventy billion WILSON MAGS.

If not you need to get rid of it, not just sell it, but destroy it in the fires of hell from where it came.

........Just sayin