Your first road race

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

My mom told me how awesome I was my first race. And that, was a motherf#*king understatement! :D

2. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

1976, Willow Springs race run by Pat Manning's ACA (later ARRA) club. Don't remember if they even ran a new rider's school. Maybe just Pat saying "Here's the flags. Turn left at the first corner and continue on..."

RD350, finished last of about 7 entries. Stock under-the-pipe footpeg bar, grounded at least once in every turn on the track. Had some illusions/vague hope before the race I might be a natural talent, that was gone by turn 2.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:up:

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Love, LOVE LOVE it!

Thought I was the only one who did that.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:crackup:

I guess I may as well follow Your lead right now. Turn 2....here I come.:D

6. brother_ed7

brother_ed7 brother_ed7

My first race was the summer of 05 on a 02 gsxr 600 with crappy tires. I did the WERA race school Sat morning then two races Sun.
    Sun morning I took the bike to tech and was given a hard time cause my numbers ( in electric tape) where not the best. Got that fixed and waited for my race. First call i got on the bike and pushed it over to the tech area infront of the front straight and waited in the 94 degree heat for at least 5 minutes it seemed (helmet on and sweating like a beast!) It wasn't till then I realized I could wait until 3rd call to head to hot pit and still make it no problems.
    I was pretty nervous, but I got going and finished the race in last place. Corey Burleson was about to double lap me I think (that dude was fast) but the goal was to finish a race so I could move past my PN status.

7. jphii

jphii Old CRC Dude

Nelson ledges in '81. Same deal. Big fun:up:

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:stupid: