1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

125 riders - How big are you?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by stickman, Sep 12, 2003.

1. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

I don't want to get too personal ;), but I've been thinking of trying a 125 for next year. I'm 5'9" - 190lbs - 30" inseam and wonder if I'll fit or be extremely uncomfortable. I'm going to check them out at Summit next weekend, but wanted to get some opinions here. Thanks.

2. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

5'11" 150lbs 32" inseam...

It's really not bad, and that's with stock rearsets and seat. In stock trim, the Yamahas have a bit more room than the Hondas. You can get a "big boy" tail and rearset extenders for either that will make your life a little more comfy.

As for trying a 125 ... if you do, you'll be hooked :) I'm really thinking of going back to them after racing my wife's the last couple weekends ... more fun than I've had in a long time on my other bikes.

- Roach

3. kamisama12

kamisama12 Well-Known Member

im not sure about my inseam, but im 5'9 170 lbs 32 inch waist and i fit just fine on my 93 RS125

4. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

If Mark Johnson can fit on a 125 I think you can.

5. MotoFoolio

MotoFoolio Active Member

5'9 160lbs...
    great excuse for being slow: "too big for 125" :D

6. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Member

Hey Chris?

You're right about me. If I can race a 125, and be somewhat competitive, anyone can. The only thing about being my size and racing a 125 is, unless you're very flexible ( which I'm not :eek: ) the "footwork" is really challenging. But as previously mentioned, longer rearsets and a "big boy" tail section will help. Samantha lengthened and raised the sub-frame on my bike by 2" in length and 1" in height, and WOW what an improvement :D .

If you want to try a 125, Stickman, find me at VIR on Sept. 27 & 28, and I'll let you give it a run in a practice. You'll find me in the ACID Cigar pits, #113.

Mark Johnson

7. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Thanks Mark, that's very nice of you to offer. Unfortunetly I won't be at VIR that weekend.

8. Racer48

Racer48 Man Whore- He Bitch!

125's kick booty!!!

You'll love it!

Im 6'2" and 200 (or so). I ride a TZ and its great! Just make sure you tuck under the windscreen!!

9. Dave@Marmo

Dave@Marmo Well-Known Member

I am 5'9" and 140-145 lbs. I was going to do motard until this past weekend. I miss my TZ.

10. Bryan_A

Bryan_A Well-Known Member

It's mine! All mine! :p

Back to the thread... I'm 5'8" 195lbs. I feel a little cramped on my TZ125 but I've only had it on the track twice. It takes some getting use too.

11. Fatboy125

Fatboy125 Active Member

5'9" 210 and love my 125!!

12. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

5'8" 175, I can't see riding any bike other than a 125 anymore. The best part is when you go out in an open session and pass all of the big bikes, and even better if the big bike rider you just passed USED TO have a big ego. :D