This just needs repeating...

Discussion in 'General' started by RubberChicken, Feb 26, 2012.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

That last picture is wrong. It's not Grammar...it's spelling. At least they could use the right word. :)

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They did. ;)

5. Even after a two-year "vacation," you haven't changed a bit. :down:

6. scotth

scotth Banned

This is about to be in heavy rotation around the office. Heavy rotation. Thanky kindly, Johnny.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:
    The worst part is that I know you're serious! :D

8. scotth

scotth Banned

Yeah, that felt a little like pouring gas on a fire just now. I didn't not like it...but I'm not sure it was healthy. :D

It doesn't take long to correct them, and you really can't blame them too much--I read contracts, agreements, and professional email that don't get apostrophes right. I've had people argue with me about this. I'm not kidding.

I'm not above naming names--that was a Notre Dame grad. So not a Yale literature grad, yeah, but for $40,000 a year...well, I hope his parents asked for some of their money back.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think the message is flawed, though. Most people who don't know their shit don't seem to know they're shit either.

10. scotth

scotth Banned

...and that's what they pay me for. :D

Edit: yeah, they usually don't know what they did wrong, but I think the cartoon is a very nice way to terrify them into searching frantically though whatever it is for little green squiggles, getting admin to proof it again, etc. Plus, I mean, it's coming from me. It's not a matter of if they did something wrong, just what I caught. Henceforth, this shall be my grammar indicator. I like it very much. :D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  11. RubberChicken

Have you guys read the thread that went BALLISTIK? That would take a grammar platoon to fix.

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You know at first this thread literally peaked my interest. But now I could care less about it. I'm barely phased or effected by y'alls senseless rambling. :D

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Another gripe, "literally" peaked your interest? Versus what? "Figuratively" peaked your interest? :Poke:

14. Johnny B

affected, y'all's

:p

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

F.U. all!

Is that correct?

16. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Whoosh.

And BTW, if you're going to go through the pointless exercise of correcting the "mistakes" in his post, it's piqued. ;)

17. Johnny B

Shit, I missed that, fazed and couldn't! :D

18. Johnny B

Dude, you haven't seen a verbal train wreck until you've seen Team Pepsi Suzuki's old posts on the NEAR List!

19. RubberChicken

I didn't have enough courage to post on NEAR. Like the BARF forum out West, it is a pool of sharks circling in the heated blood of virgin babies.