EX250/250R Racing Everything you need to know

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 15, 2010.

1. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

The 250s run in ESS and Clubman on Sundays, and V5 on Saturdays. But if it's a combined regional/national weekend the days may differ.

2. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

It took me over a month, but I was able to read this entire thread and the old one, and I must say i'm looking forward to gridding up. I picked up a 250 back in Dec and been buying parts to make it a race bike. Once I return from deployment I will have it all built and hopefully ready to go by May. Look forward to meeting you all.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Awesome, look forward to seeing you out there.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'll either only be about to race V5 (not sure what runs in that class yet!), or ESS if it runs early Sunday......I start work at 5:30 on Sunday afternoon, & so far my boss is kind of unyielding about my solutions.

5. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Quick question. Assuming all the other requirements are met (safety wire, belly pan, etc.) is it possible to take a street-legal Ninja 250, tape up the lights, and race in this class?

Thanks,

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Hell yea thats the whole point of the class.

7. djteknics

djteknics Active Member

any use those preload adjustors from slingshot or sato racing?

8. Boss R6

Boss R6 Well-Known Member

Yes, the pre-load adjusters from sling shot work great.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Where were you guys this weekend? Didn't feel like getting stuck in the mud? :D

10. Boss R6

Yes, we were sandbagging. :D I wanted to go but me and mud at the first Tally rounds have not gotten along for the past few years. I look forward to seeing everyone soon.

11. JeffroJ

Missed you guys this weekend, our expert grid was looking a bit thin. But Kurt gave me a good race, I raced my butt off to keep him from passing me. Hope to see you guys at Roebling!

12. JeffroJ

This is definitely a good season for anyone thinking about about joining the ESS novice class, I think that was biggest grid of the day yesterday!

13. Boss R6

I am really sorry we missed it. I am looking forward to the rest of the year. Jeff, did you run the SV?

14. JeffroJ

No SV this season, at least not right now. I was hoping to sell the Buell to fund an sv, but the GF won't let me, she likes riding it too much.

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I was out near the 90's when one of the 250 races was going on. A A ss racer said, the track must be getting good, the 250's are railing out there.

16. JeffroJ

It was those awesome B-stones! :up::D

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'm going with good riders in mixed conditions. That track didn't look fast. Glad it was better than it looked.

18. Karl_L

Karl_L Well-Known Member

I can't say I was going fast but I can say Stick's tires had more grip than I had skill. And riding on rains in the rain is fun!

19. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Ess was awesome yesterday. Most definitely alot of ninjas screaming around that little joint

20. Mikey Likes it

Mikey Likes it Active Member

Me, I just came to Tally for the RV/ new to toyhauler school that Kurt was putting on and stayed for the races. Thanks again for your help.