1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever carried a rear shock! in their carry on luggage?

Discussion in 'General' started by speedkelly, Feb 13, 2012.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

although it was just the forks that were the issue, surpisingly the shock was never touched.

TSA can suck my nuts. they cost me over $100 because they took out the forks in Philly airport and then told me I HAD to have them next day aired back to me as that was the ONLY way they ship back to people they screw over...err... I mean customers

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Keester it. :cool:

I flew with a new rear sprocket last summer. I didn't think twice about it until my wife asked me if I was packing a frisbee-sized throwing star. Ugh! I was sweating bullets through the TSA line. No hassels though.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I remember the RC30 wheel....

4. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

I check in my firearms all the time without problems but thats within the US.

A another way to travel with forks and shock, go to DICKS and buy yourself a gun pelican case and put your forks in it with the shock.

They aren't cheap.
    [​IMG]

but instead of a rifle forks and shock neatly cut into the foam.

[​IMG]

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too. Hilarious to see the shit people think is okay to carry - also shows TSA at least does some good taking crap away from the stupid people :D

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

And by "people" we're talking about Dreb. :crackup:

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Long beach airport had a nice collection of gas cans. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evidently :crackup:

9. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

What the hell do I know? Not much really....

Hey! Don't get me wrong - obviously folks here have taken a range of gear on with no problems. Hell, I took the same fly reel all the way down on the first leg no worries. It just takes one TSA retard to screw you... rational thought is not always part of the equation. It just seems to be a roll of the dice these days.