1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My nomination for Product of the Year

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Dec 23, 2011.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Skylanders video game.

Not only do you get to shell out $60 for the video game, then you get to shell out $10.00 each for numerous collectible characters you can use in the game.

This is absolutely brilliant, from a marketing standpoint!

2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Tell me about it... My kids were eating the commercials up!!!

3. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

I vote for the tornado or hurricane booth. I've started to see them in the mall. Basically you pay a dollar, get in.......and this fan blows air at you really fast.......then you get out. [​IMG]

4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

elf on a shelf. It's brilliant. It only takes one kid at daycare to start talking about it and all of a sudden every parent is running out buying a $30 stuffed elf and book.

5. Fastjedi350

Fastjedi350 Well-Known Member

Dude those things work AWSOME! If your kid is acting up just say " hey that elf is watching you!" and wham! They straighten right up!:D

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

7. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

That's what people at work have been saying.

Reason I say it's product of the year is someone is collecting $30 for each one of those sold and once 1 kid gets one, a lot are getting them as well.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Jarts!!!!

9. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Thats one of those, ''why didnt i think of that'' products.

10. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

This is almost as bad as those shake weights...LOL

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

World of Warcraft is another good one. $45 for the game and then a monthly fee for the privilege to play the game you just bought. Gotta pay for chuck Norris somehow.

12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Fall 2004. We got in one of those things for eight solid weeks. :crackup:

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am in the middle of building the "Heavy weight boxing simulator". You put your dollar in, step in and 2 mechanical arms beat the living hell out of you. Coming to a mall near you.

14. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I have a buddy who distributes (didn't invent it though) blood alcohol tester blow thingys to bars. You put a buck in and see if you're over the limit before jumping in your ride and heading home. He makes pretty good money from them. However, its not from people looking out for the better good of their fellow man it seems. Nope, every swinging dick in the bar wants to see who can blow the highest.... We really are a bunch of damn cavemen aren't we? :)

15. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

I've seen those... and exactly ^THAT^ happened... :beer: :D

One day I'm going to think of something like that...

one day...

Then free track days for all!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Haha, see?