1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting back into racing???

Discussion in 'General' started by Cane, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Cane

Cane Well-Known Member

Looking to get back into racing this new year. Thinking about running in the lightweight twins class but am curious what bike to get. Considering the SV650 and the Kawasaki 650. If you all have another bike I should consider please advise. My back round: I raced 3 R6's an 02', 04', and an 06' along with an 05' GSX-R 600 over a 4 yr period as an amateur racing part time each season (3-6 3 day weekends each yr). I ran sprints to endurance races.

Thank you for your help in advance

2. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Never raced one but my vote on reading tons of opinions is the SV. Others can give more details as to why.

3. Cane

Cane Well-Known Member

Ok thanks, I also wonder what yr to look

4. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

Depends on the class - SS or SB

Most successful SV racers (not one of those myself) say the 1st gen built for SB, 2nd for SS. Lots of parts and bikes available make it less expensive and easier to purchase / fix / build.

Seriously - search here and svrider.com - plenty of info to help / confuse your decision.

5. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

this must be important, it takes 2 of the same threads [​IMG]

6. cycleczy

cycleczy Well-Known Member

got a sv 650 that won all year long for sale call me 434-401-2696 its superbike has gsxr front end . I got another on working on fro next year in super stock trim

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

did it win at the gnf? :Poke: ;)

8. cycleczy

nope but has 30 some other wins . are you a bbs stalker now . I told you get a bike or your shit talk means nothing . Correction get a super stock sv or it mean nothing

9. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

see my post on the other thread. ;)

10. cycleczy

which one lol

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

12. cycleczy

sorry cane some shit talking by my stalker took over your post im in his head

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Real input here.

I ran a 650R for about half of this season. I absolutely loved the bike. Its under powered in comparison to the SV though. If I only did a few rounds per year or something which kept me a Novice, I would have kept the 650R.....but since that isnt the case. I have sold the 650R which I absolutely loved racing and am building an SV650.

PM me if you want any details about the bikes I've ran. I'll be happy to tell you everything I've learned.

14. Game

Game zip tie master

Also have a SV for sale, full race package, trailer gear, spares (lots/tank/subframe/ect) helmet... PM me if interested