1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a5

Discussion in 'General' started by charlie123, Nov 28, 2011.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

As in good or bad? Looking back I see that is higher mileage than you were looking for.

2. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Same ol' A6...I'm driving it till it blows! I want an avant of sorts next...oh and better mileage.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not much choice anymore. A4 Avant and maybe an A4 Allroad if they bring it here but that's it. No more A6 Avant here.

Well, there's the A3 but that's a lot smaller than an A6 and it is available in a diesel.

4. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

You can always look at getting an Auto Union but might be hard to find one at a good price :beer:

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I love the A3 tdi but they don't make it w quattro so that got scratched off my list. An audi w/o quattro is just a VW.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The 2.0 is available with quattro and is an absolute riot in the A3. The only bitching point on the 2.0t is it runs on premium and HATES regular but who really cares.

7. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

I know what you mean... I still miss my 03' S6 (Avant), just something about a 300+hp all wheel drive wagon... :D

8. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

s5

jkhonea- Insane price as in a good deal!

The hunt continues today!

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There's an '09 3.2 up at Tysons Audi with 36K on it. They want $37.5K for it.

Chantilly Audi has 2 A5s but they're both 2.0Ts.

NoVa is a bad place to look for an A5 really, too high of a demand for them here to get a good deal.

10. charlie123

Thanks for the tip!

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'll keep an eye out today for more. What area are you in and how far are you willing to go to buy one?

12. charlie123

I am in VT! Sixety degrees today!

Anyway, I'm will to travel anywhere in new England.

I have the capacity to pay cash. You would think this would give me some leverage.

I want that car with low miles for low thirties. I know it can be done!

Mean while I am driving a friends beater. Saab 9000 with 346,000 miles!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Oh good God what I would do for that Quattro Convertible!

15. th3_d0c

th3_d0c Well-Known Member

I work for VWoA and I actually am not really a fan of the A5, I just don't like most 2 door cars. It is nice though, especially with the added features like ACC and braking guard. If you have to deal with traffic(depending on where in VT you are, maybe in downtown Burlington) it is a godsend.
    The A7 is a gorgeous vehicle, or the new face lift on the A4s. I would recommend a V8 S4, you can get them for around 20k (06.5/07 models) and they are a blast to drive.

16. charlie123

I gave the s4 some serious consideration. Issue is the mpg's.

17. th3_d0c

th3_d0c Well-Known Member

Bah. MPG, SMPGS.. If you can pay cash for an used, but not old Audi, how can you car about mileage? Hah, well you do live in VT(went to college at Norwich) :p

18. charlie123

:D I'm just a cheap Greek.

Something about 8-12mpg makes me run!:D

19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

not really. dealers dont launder money anymore, this isnt the 80's. the banks money is worth just as much as yours. :D

20. charlie123

:D you make it sound like I'm a mafia don!

I ment I can write them a check on the spot.:crackup: