1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convicted m/c theif working on your bike!

Discussion in 'General' started by AwesomeTruth, Nov 23, 2011.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Who takes their bike to a shop for work? :)

I wouldn't hire the guy even if he was the best mechanic in the area, perception is reality when it comes to customers.

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Thank you for bringing HIS name up again.

I had almost forgotten that whole thread. :rolleyes:

3. joec

joec brace yourself

OK....brass tacks. Mongo, would you buy pie from a shop that employed a convicted pie thief? To hell with motorcycles.lets talk serious here.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the pie is good - hell yes.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Ironically, half the people on here think it's OK to buy a bike with just a bill of sale.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

well... it is cheaper than those pesky "titled" or "MSO" units. :D

7. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Why would a shop owner put himself/herself and/or their customers through such stress?

8. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Exactly, I'd buy donuts from this guy! :D

9. TunerB

TunerB Well-Known Member

to many good mechs looking for jobs

10. Thors Hammer

Thors Hammer Well-Known Member

Simple, because their communist sympathizers.

Bernie Madoof should be released and subsequently hired by Bank of America.

If the dude paid his debt to society fine, let him make a living riding on the back of a garbage truck.

11. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

And still people find it so easy to forgive and forget.

Not me. This guy's 'debt to society' isn't paid in full until every person he stole from is compensated completely for the property that was taken from them.

Oh, he did his time in jail? Terrific. When does gixrben here get his $6000 back?

Employing a known and convicted bike thief in a motorcycle shop where he'll be surrounded by the type of hardware he made the conscientious decision to steal to the tune of $500k?

Brilliant.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Thieves are the worst kind of scum That being said there's some pretty big glass houses around here. Some of you should hope and pray no one ever digs around in your past and makes it public. I can certainly imagine some world class back pedaling would take place...

13. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

What, people can't turn their life around??? Give the guy a break and let him rebuild his life and contribute to society. Is he supposed to live off the government for the rest of his life because nobody should give him a second chance?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  14. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

:stupid:

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Sure they can, and sure he should have a second chance - seriously. But there's a reason courts often stipulate convicts can't have interaction with the contacts and/or endeavors they previously committed criminal acts with, and there's plenty of other choices out there.

That said, and without getting into details, I still feel more pity for the victims who are out their hard-earned money then I do the person convicted of stealing from them. Even sadder are the victims who have to carry debt for things they no longer have because of thieves.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sorry, but nice often equates to stupid in my experience. Guy sounds like a total douchebag and total douchebags don't change. He should be asking "do you want fries with that" for the rest of his life.
    Some people just haven't been fucked long and hard enough to realize that some people just deserve to burn forever. Where's the justice for everyone the guy fucked over? Let him reimburse every one of them for everything they lost and then we can talk forgiveness. Having had two cars stolen, I can appreciate the loss that goes along with it, just so some asshole can gain next to nothing and then go on to do the same thing to someone else.
    Fuck him and I feel sorry for the people who are so blind as to hold out a hand to him. Their priorities are misplaced, they should have held out a hand to all his victims first. They need a hard lesson and it's probably on it's way.
    Cynical? Try realistic. There are probably a hundred other honest guys who could have used that job.

17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    My digital camera was stolen out of my truck last week. I'm pretty sure it was an ex-con/hoodrat/punk/crackhead that did 4 yrs. for burglary that works for us.

I'm still mad as hell about it because I just know he did it but can't prove it. The time, place, who was there.....it all points to him.

Can't wait for him to turn his back. I'm gonna snatch up his lunch bag or tool bag and chuck it over the fence on to the RR tracks. That'll learn him.:beer:

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I don't have time to make a list of names, but how about thousands of my clients in the last 40 years? Not everybody is so closed-minded that they believe that possession of testicles and tools makes them a mechanic. Some people are comfortable with the idea that they are not the best-qualified to service their own vehicles.

As to the motorcycle thief-turned-mechanic, I hope that works out for Rick and Rachael. I suspect it will not, but not in the ways that have been suggested on the beeb. I really do wonder why they felt it necessary to "go public" on a questionable local sportbike forum to announce their "humanitarian effort."

19. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Tax Breaks for Hiring Felons

Might be some other reasons for this humanitarian effort:

http://blogs.payscale.com/compensation/2010/05/hr-guide-to-hiring-felons.html

Nice to see our veterans treated equally to convicted felons.

20. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

Are you 100% sure he stole your Alstare.....

Then you said Rick and Rachel are your friends, then your bashing them on .net?

How certain are you that he stole your Alstare....