sad note

Discussion in 'General' started by Drew 913, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

Dr. James Adams, father of Justin (1st year exp#159) past away this morning. Note from his oldest son is on RRW website.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy crap! That really sucks, Dr. jim was a really, really cool guy :(

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:( Godspeed

4. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

This is very sad news. I was just talking to Dr. Adams at Laguna at the beginning of the month. Very nice man, and always interesting to talk to. His family will be in my prayers. :(

5. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Damm. He wrote some of the best safety related stories I've ever read.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Dr. Adams helped me through my heat problems last summer in the National Endurance Series. He even sent me emails to find out how I was doing after the season ended. I'm in shock.

7. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. I really enjoyed his writing. Godspeed.

8. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

sad day. i met dr. adams at vir in august or september of last season. justin and i were racing pretty close that weekend and everytime we'd come in off the track, we'd shake hands or whatever, i remember thinking, yeah that was pretty cool. then at post tech dr. adams would come bouncing over with this huge grin on his face yelling and screaming about how great that race was. wow! this and holy crap! that. he was so excited, it was contagious. i remmber thinking, "this guy really likes racing, huh?" that was a great weekend.
    i loved reading his stuff, too. i always looked for his articles in rrw. his enthusiasm for racing and life showed in his writing. an article of his called "winning real". great article.
    you'll be missed dr adams.

-jarrett coco

9. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

GODSPEED Dr. Adams :(

Justin and family, Deepest Sympathy for your loss.

Jeff Wright
    Announcer

10. weggie man

weggie man Well-Known Member

Godspeed Dr. Adams. We've lost a great person in our little world of road racing.

Condolences to the Adams family.

11. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Condolences and prayers to the Adams'.

12. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

My prayers are with Dr. Adams and his family. Even though I never met him, his writings were an inspiration to me.

Grant Catoe

13. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Godspeed Dr. Adams!
    My prayers are with the Adams family.

14. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

Godspeed indeed.
    Dr. Jim was so much fun to talk to and hang out with. My prayers go out to Justin, Christina and the rest of his family. I will definitely miss him.
    Chris Normand

15. brad996

brad996 Member

god speed doc

16. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Godspeed Dr. Adams
    My prayers are with him and his family.

17. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

I didn't know him, but from these posts I know he was one of those people you see at the track who would go out of their way to help someone else or offer a kind word. My deepest condolences to his family.

Godspeed, Dr. Jim.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am stunned. Jim and I had been good friends for about three years even though we never met. He e-mailed me out of the blue after reading a magazine article I had written and our friendship started from there. I know a lot about Justin (and his brother) even though he probably has no idea who I am. This is very depressing news.

19. lil_kim

lil_kim Well-Known Member

well i never had the pleasure of meeting Dr.Adams but it sounds like he was admired! My prayers are with him and his family. :(