1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Diego area fairing repair & paint needed.

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, May 4, 2011.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Who's the man for the job?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Have you talked to Bert at Concept 5? Oceanside, I believe. Does Melissa Paris-Hayes' stuff. Google it.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Concept 5,

or

MC Pro Design (user named chadspaint here)

both do work for pro teams, or have in the past

4. L8RSK8R

I had a massive brain fart, chadspaint, MC Pro is who I had in mind, cheer's.

5. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Walmart for the fibreglass kit..

6. L8RSK8R

I could try repairing it myself but I'd fook it up. Not a bad idea to learn how.

7. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

+1 - He does great work

8. Filterboy

Filterboy Well-Known Member

Have you tried San Diego Fairing Repair and Paint on East West Street?:D

9. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Easy.

Dave Tovar at SBKpaint.com. He has a spot in Mira Mesa.

I t-boned a downed rider's bike at about 60. Dave took my cracked and rashed bodywork, and he made it look brand new in a week. Dave has done a couple of paint jobs for me at this point. Quality is outstanding, and he's about the nicest guy you can do business with.

10. L8RSK8R

^^ holy shit, I'm happy no one was close or tryin to go round me when I went down.

11. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Haha. Rider low-sided to my inside going in to a right-handed decreasing radius. I was on a 100% collision course with the sliding rider, and I had no option but to move left. I would have slowed down in time, but his bike caught a slider or something and started flipping. That slowed his bike faster than my EBCs slowed me, and I hit the bike squarely in the middle. First time another bike has taken me out in over 100 track days.

Oh yea, back on topic: try Dave at SBKpaint.com

12. Sicilian32

Sicilian32 Well-Known Member

sbkpaint is pretty pricey if you ask me

13. L8RSK8R

I still have'nt done anything with the fairings. Found a replacement set, should be here May 31st then I'll deal with the damaged ones.