1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting back on the track and need to borrow some boots n' other stuff....

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Apr 12, 2011.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I forgot to thank SPORTBIKETRACKTIME for the free trackday too.....and a really nice bunch of guys, supercool and actually give a shit about the trackday they are running...THANKS :beer:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Squid!!!!!

That is very cool Mark, glad you had fun!

3. rick burdick

rick burdick Rick122

Way to go Mark! Major balls!

4. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Yesterday goes down as one the coolest things I've witnessed. The Brereton family is quite remarkable (pardon the pun). Mark is just the coolest most layed back cat ever, but he's crackers.:) Sam is the most understanding young lady I ever been around, very lovely too. Olivia is sweet and lovely as her Mom, but it seems some of Mark has rubbed off on her. Picture her pulling him though the paddock full gear in his chair on a ATV.:D I'm sorry I missed that picture.

Congratulations to you again Mark. Hopefully, we'll do it again soon. I may tape up some lights and mirrors and join you.

5. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Awesome stuff!!! :up::up::up:

6. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Great to read Mark! Glad to see you back on the track.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

now this is a really cool story. way to go man. thats really really cool.

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That is simply amazing, Mark! We are so proud of you! Congratulations!

9. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

what an awsome story. I bought your videos, was gutted when I heard about what happened to the guy in the videos I bought and have been watching you update videos and thought how great it was that you could at least ride the 4 wheelers and have fun. Hearing about this is beyond awsome. Mark you are the man and to every one who helped him out :up: :beer:

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Most excellent!

11. Tifosi

Tifosi Well-Known Member

That brought tears to my eyes...thank you Mark for posting the ride report and updates:up: Props to everyone who helped put this together.

Cheers,
    Jason

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

13. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Hey Mark! Bout time you got your skinny limey ass back out on the track! :up:

PS...how'd you manage to land such a hottie for a wife? :)

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  14. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I'm so happy to have been a part in helping with this - it was awesome to see you running around out there!!!!!

very best,
    trev

15. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

You suck!:moon:

Glad to see you back riding! Faker!!!:p

16. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

That's OK Putter. I was too after watching the video.

:beer:

17. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Thought ya were losing it when ya rode over the rumble strip :) Motor on Mark, more vids please.

18. MarkB

Ok, you muthers. I will ask your indulgence one last time. I got the CD from us129photos.com and wanted to post some of their excellent pics.....since they make me look all sexy n' racer n' stuff.

But first I want to give big thanks to Brian Van who (mostly) kitted me out to look this good. He made this nice little video.....which makes me look like a squid, so Mongo got one thing right it seems ;)
    Oh and I am such a goober in the interview....FF to 6m30s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTAVsYzgeyM&feature=feedf

Ok, here they are:

[​IMG]

I like this picture because it is me in a wheelchair - definitely disabled. And Sam, my wife, is there behind me, ready to support me and back me up. She didn’t want me to do this, but she supported me because she understood why I was doing this. She has my helmet read to hand to me. I know this was tearing her up.

[​IMG]

I like this cos the bike looks so pretty. And it was a very intense moment for me. And there is my man Mark Sutton of the Ducshop with a perfectly prepared bike....only the Pingel let us all down at the last minute......so no Pingel stickers on this bike....

[​IMG]

I love this picture because I have been transformed into a normal person (albeit temporarily). I no longer looked or felt disabled. It was a temporary trip back in time. I wished I could have enjoyed that moment more, but in reality i had too much to worry about with the 3rd gear start.

[​IMG]

Finally FREE...!!!! It was like flying.....it made everything up to this point all totally worth it.

[​IMG]

No rear brakes for this cat

[​IMG]

Got all my nationalities collected on my arm. It's like badges at Scouts. I'm going for my Brazilian badge next, cos I heard the people are friendly....

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  19. MarkB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afterwards Sam told me that she had a vision of me crashing and becoming horribly injured again. She held me close the night before because she was convinced this was the last time she would be able to. She never told me that at the time. Girls...and the things we put them through......

Anyway, there you go.......thanks for letting me have my selfish little time in the sun. And THANKS AGAIN to all the people who helped make this happen. I loves you all :beer::up:

20. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

i can't express with words how awesome that is. I admire your conviction.