1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBR 600rr Guru's HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Bayboy, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Bayboy

Bayboy Forever Learning

Ok, here's the deal. I have an 06 trackbike and it keeps cutting off. If its on the kickstand, it won't start. If i stand it upright and move it from left to right and then try to start it it will start but as soon as I lean it back over to the kickstand.............. it shuts off again. What would cause this? It has gas so the put gas in it theory is done. While the bike is leaned over on the kickstand you don't even hear the FI's prime. AS soon as I stand it upright though and shake it from side to side FI's accuate and it will start. Can someone help me with this? Seein as I have a track day next weekend, I'm thinkin a trackbike that shuts off when it's leaned over is totally worthless. Especially since it spends most of it's time leaned over.

PLEASE HELP!!

2. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Bank angle sensor going bad or installed upside down? Did you crash recently?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Bank angle sensor is either bad or oriented incorrectly.

4. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

YEP, what they wrote...

5. Wibbly

Wibbly Well-Known Member

splice the two outside wires on the bank angle sensor connector and insulate the middle one (on the 600rr the BAS is located to the front of the bike, in front of the gauge cluster).

if you don't want to eliminate the BAS, just shove a paperclip into the connector on the two outside wires and see if the problem goes away. if it does you'll need to find a good BAS.

6. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

I wouldn't recommened this. Not so good when you throw it down and it ends up idling on its side...

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

It is just one more part that can malfunction...

8. cobes

cobes Well-Known Member

It would suck either way if it malfunctioned while riding or it was idling on its side. I leave mine on..

9. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

True... but it's save the motors on my last 3 600rr's, more than a once.

10. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Wire up a dead man switch to where the BAS should be. Less of a part that can fail, all the same engine protection in the event of a crash.

11. Wibbly

Wibbly Well-Known Member

i said if you DON'T want to bypass it and offered advice to troubleshoot the problem as well guys. jeez ahha

12. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

You know how to remedy that, don't you?? :Poke:

13. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Buy a 1000rr? No more 600rr engine to worry about. :D

14. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

:bow: :crackup:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011