1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the skinny on Atlanta Motorsports Park ?

Discussion in 'General' started by gpracer15, Dec 29, 2010.

1. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

Just like they were professional when I signed up for barber three months in advance and then they tell me a week before the track day that they overbooked it and I couldn't go?

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Richard Harris is the owner of STT and of STS. FWIW, Richard has had his head down working his tail off putting together a good operations team.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

As it was under a different owner when that happened (STT-Rider), you should probably direct your question to the new owner. Sucks that it happened to you that way. Out of curiosity, did you receive an apology and a refund?

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

All I have to say is if the AMP Project is haulted I can assure you there will be more Noise for the neighbors to worry about there than any race or trackday... Ernie Elliott who sold the Land has mentioned this on several occasions..And to the Media and the Council. And the Elliotts dont F%^$#k around in that County...It was the same uproar when Ernie extended his Runway for his Jets less than a mile away awhile back... I feel bad for the residents too.. Hell my Mom lives 1 Mile from there on Sweetwater Jueno.. But like others said.. If its not your Land Oh Well... Especially when your down the Road from the Melling Camp.. I was at one of the hearings and there was one woman complaining about the Mellings testing their engines and she didnt want to hear that.. Oh well you old Bat.. Thats what you get for moving there..This is where Racing Started.. NASCAR at least... Right around that Oil slicked Courthouse which is still there..... Was the Land for sale? Yes... Did the people protesting buy it? No...

I hope to see pavement too... I have a good feeling it will happen in 2011...
    Marc

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  5. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

They would not refund but they did give me a credit.

6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

AMB says that asphalt is currently going down, although there are no pics of it on the FB site. Progress is good!

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Someone off the STT Site....

Spoke to Jeremy today and the news is good. The tests went well the end of last week and the base (GAB) is now being put down. Turns 1,2,6,7,16, the straightaway, pit in and pit out have been completed with the base. There are 10 trucks carrying material and progress is said to be impressive

8. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

pics up on FB

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just a little blast from the past :beer: It is almost May and the topcoat is not present. They claim progress but the website has no pics (I don't do face book for anyone)

10. 418

418 Expert #59

At this point, looking at the computer generated tour of the track posted months back, (if it's anywhere accurate) the AMP does not appear to be motorcycle friendly. Walls everywhere.

There is blacktop, but they have ways to go. Saying that, this definitely looks to be happening. Fingers crossed. :up:

11. fzgixxerman

fzgixxerman AKA Mark Byrd

Walls everywhere. Me don't like!

12. 418

418 Expert #59

I wouldn't writer it off yet, I'm not sure it's all that accurate. It didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy though.

13. fzgixxerman

fzgixxerman AKA Mark Byrd

Thanks hoping for a new track close by you know.