1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primerica: Retirement and Life insurance???

Discussion in 'General' started by nochknstrps, Apr 19, 2011.

1. nochknstrps

nochknstrps Well-Known Member

Anyone ever heard of this company or actually use them?

Three weeks ago my mentor asked me to be her lab rat for her new side job as a financial advisor. She said that it was just a trail run for her so she could reherse the script the company gave her while the regional manager sat in to observe.

The first meeting turned into a complete sales pitch from the regional manager with a hint of a job offer for myself and no input from my mentor. I was interested in the debt program but I had to agree to another meeting to hear about that. So I declined on the shallow job offer and accpeted the next meeting.

At the next meeting my mentor, the regional manager and I went over my financials, and the debt program which snowballed into possible retirement program/debt payoff. And another offer to be Primerica agent. I declined the job and accpeted the next meeting so I could finally see some figures for the debt payoff program and my possible retirement.

The meeting yesterday my mentor did not attend which I thought was a bit odd sense all of this was to benefit her training if nothing else. We go over the debt program, is what I already do. In the middle of the retirement program pitch he offers me the job again plus life insurance which lead right back into another job offer showing me how much money I could make off of a life insurance policy for sold to a small family. I declined again and I think I see what this has all been about from the jump.

If you read all of that wouldn't you say that this is just a pyramid scheme company? Even their website offers you "freedom from (all things job related to job)"

I think I'm just going to shoot him an email and tell him I'm not interested, but now I do want to start investing in my retirement besides what the great state of Florida is contributing, lord only knows what thats going to be like in the next couple of years. Any suggestions?

2. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

3. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

MLM company, my father in law dose this for Ignite (gas company), and I want to choke him to death every time he says the word therm...

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

yeah its a pyramid scheme. same as them all. let your mentor know she is into trouble.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like riding a unicycle, blind folded, with a blow torch in one hand and a chainsaw in the other.

6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

In a grizzly bear den.

7. Turbotech

Surrounded by hungry, fat women...

8. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

hey, don't diss the fat womenz

9. bo1142

bo1142 Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Covered in ranch dressing and bacon bits

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

With dime bag in your pocket and Anthony Gobert knows it's there.

11. nochknstrps

What if I'm the chubby chasing, blind folded, blow torch and chainsaw juggling unicycling champion of the world? Still a bad idea?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'm also the grizzly bear whisper renowned for training bears with loaded bake potatoes smoothered in hidden valley ranch dressing.

12. Turbotech

Well then, give it a whirl.....Seriously, any friends you may have had will all want to kill you...

Rule one of MLM, sell to friends and family, rule two, get friends and family to sell for you...Repeat until you run out of friends and family, or until they stab you in the eyes with the free pens you give them.

13. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

They suck. Been there done that 20 years ago when a fraternity brother and his father showed up at my house at 8 am on a Sunday morning attempting to give me "the pitch." It took all the restraint I had to not punch them both in the mouths and kick them out.

14. nochknstrps

Rule one of MLM, sell to friends and family, rule two, get friends and family to sell for you...

EXACTLY... thats almost word for word what he told me. I tried to use the fact that I just moved to florida and didn't know very many people I could network with to sell the product. The fucker is really pushy and wouldn't give up, but there is no way I'm buying into this.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know they will keep on you until you drink the Kool Aid, right?

16. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Think of all the networking potential you have here on this forum. Let me be the first......No, leave me alone.

17. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

I have literally told about 2 or 3 people that at one time were considered good friends to "fuck off" over this MLM crap. Or maybe it was "die in a fire" but either way I think they got the point.

18. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

I have an acquiantance that got suckered into that BS. Same pitch too. "Hey, I've got a new job selling blah blah blah and could use someone to practice on." Being a nice guy and not knowing what he was doing, I obliged.

That was one strange meeting. I was baffled how a person without any education past high school is now qualified to dish out legitimate retirement advice.

Went home and Googled the company and it was as I expected a pyramid scheme. I'm not sure if he's still drinking the koolaid (this happened last fall) but the poor guy actually believed he was going to be set up in a brick & mortar office with other employees (or whatever the buzzword was) selling retirement and life insurance.

19. nochknstrps

I'm sure. I'll only tell him that I'm not interested politely once. After that things will get ugly.

20. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

+1 (friend).

To the OP, for god sakes man. Just google "Primerica Pyramid scheme" & see what comes up.
    Many hours of good reading helping you make a determination.