1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Mom! Can I Keep It?

Discussion in 'General' started by eric hunter, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Fishing out about 40 miles offshore 2 weeks ago, son Josh spots something orange like a bouy or a survival raft about a mile away. Thinking that it's a bouy and if its been adrift for awhile and gotten some growth on it, then it prolly has a wahoo or two under it and some dolphin. I get our captain to ease over that way, and lo and behold, lookee what we found! Finder keepers, losers weepers! NOT....I don't think that the Air Force would like us too much and its prolly got a tracker of some sort on it. I imagine that it is a practise drone for the boys over at Eglan AFB (Ft. Walton Beach, FLA) to try to shoot down. Although, one could tell it had been perched on for awhile..and no wahoo. Anyway, it was cool to find and I sure wanted to hang it in the garage or get the engine out. We ended up reporting it to the Coasties with GPS posit for navigation as it would be a bitch to hit that at night while underway.

Attached Files:

2. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

Thats badass

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Cool.

I found a weather balloon box in the mojave once :D. Not quite as cool, since it mostly seemed like just a cardboard box, but was cool none the less

4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

:cool:

Lucky for you the A.F. didn't notify a Navy sub* for some target practice as it lay atop the water. :D

*Not that there are Navy subs in the Gulf. Or are there?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  5. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

That thing is awesome. Fiberglass, aluminum, steel? Trying to figure out what a salvage fee would have been for you.:up:

6. SpeedyTide

After looking further, it's a Dani Pedroza scale drone.

7. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

8. Alu-munium or steel. I wanted to rebuild it and ride it!

Never thought about a sub...gulp!..."Aye Captain, their taking the bait..dead in the water...open Tubes 1 and 2"

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Yep, BQM and it looks like it was a clean miss too. Wise of you to report it as well.

10. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

Holy *@!&... Nice to know where the tax bucks go!! (lost in the ocean)

Eric, did you guys have a good trip? Did ya catch any fish worth talking about?

11. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

would you rather than shoot at $500k drones, and miss, than shoot at several billion dollar planes and miss? especially when it counts :crackhead::p

12. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

Would rather than them find the thing before civilians do. :crackhead::D

13. Resident Plarp

I can only think of one airplane that was in the billion dollar range ... and it cost two of them, each.

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Not sure I follow you, but I assume I was wrong in thinking I recalled most fighter jets were a couple billion?

15. SpeedyTide

Did you see Martin Cardenas out there?

Supposedly he was participating in a jet-ski mock race nearby. 'Ya know... testing it for Santiago Villa.

:D

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  16. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I would have hauled that thing back home!

17. Resident Plarp

Only the B-2 was in the billion dollar range. The F-22 is in the 300 million dollar ball park and holds the title of most expensive fighter. Usually the numbers are fudged to factor in development costs and everything too.

18. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Me too :)

19. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Get it and load it up Pop's! I mean, whats the worst that can happen? :D

20. Resident Plarp

It could leak hydrazine and kill everyone in the house and the neighbors you don't get along with.

Hmmm, choices, choices. :D