Ultimate V7HW weapon?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by OWO1, Mar 1, 2011.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

OW01 - you made it seem as if this is your bike. threw me off saying that you couldn't wait to get it to the track in april...

thanks for the pics though. i've been hearing about your bike for years now....where is it?

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Bill put Jamie James on that beast at Road A one year. I was on th efront row of V7hw knowing him and that bike were aimed at my back. I had him cover most of the way through turn 1. After that I let him go. He was doing 1:29's I think.

3. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I remember that race too. Man he checked out on us. Ive got pics of him blasting by me in T1 and that was the last time I seen the bike on track. It was GONE!!!

4. RdRcr150

RdRcr150 Well-Known Member

FROM lAGUNA sECA 1993 IN FULL BATTLE GEAR.

Attached Files:

• 5a.jpg
      5a.jpg
      File size:
      165 KB
      Views:
  5. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

KMC,
    The Yamamonster in the initial pic is mine, plate #34, Bill Brown has the other, plate #2, sorry for the confusion.
    As far as the OW01 project that I've been putting together over the last 5-6 years, some guys who know a thing or two about these bikes finished that project up this fall, and I will be picking her up shortly.

[​IMG]

6. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

cool. so you meant that the bike is too expensive to race AND you have another one you're building to race. got it.

the OW01 looks beautiful. what rear wheel is that?

you've got serious issues!

7. RdRcr150

From Road A in Sept this year. The second one is my favorite...my grandson and I.

Attached Files:

8. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

RdRcr150,
    Great pics of the Yamaha family and yours! Talk about timing with SBKplanet and this post. I never knew that Dutchman went the FZR1000 route.

9. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Jamie showed up in '06 with that bike.He started dead last in V7HW.B-Superbike EX was gridded in front of us.One more lap he'da won the whole thing.

In the F1 race he lost by 1/2 a wheel.He set the highest trap speed that weekend also.

10. Nexus

Nexus Well-Known Member

Damn awesome Yamamonster and OW01!

11. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Rick Lance and I rode our Rg500s over to Jamie's house last week and he started that bike up for us. Made the hair on my arms and back stand up. AWESOME machine! :bow: Beautiful bike, one of my all time favorites. :up: Christian

12. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Christian,
    Jamie James Productions out did themselves on this bike, top notch expertise and assembly. Looks like they will have the bike on display for the next two years, as my current job has me going to Death Valley and Jamie has agreed to take care of it until I return. Thanks for the comments! :rock:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  13. Christian157

OWO1, you wouldn't by chance be willing to let Jamie take it to the Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta at the end of April would you? You just have to show it off some. I'd be willing to offer up one of my bikes to swap with you for a few modest laps at Road Atlanta with the Historic Moto Gp guys.
    Will a RG500 make it worth your while? How about a Tamburini? I'll be there April 29 -May 1st. Christian

14. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Christian,
    Let me see what Jamie has to say, would love to show racers / enthusiasts what JJP can do. I may have the Yamamonster there as well as it is currently located right across the street with Hippie.

What are the chances of you having a Yamaha :)?

Cheers,

Jason B.

15. Christian157

Only Yamaha's I have in the garage right now are 2 Ysr50s. LOL I will be bringing an 2000 Aprilia MilleR and a 1990 ZX7 along as well.

16. jeep6556

jeep6556 Well-Known Member

is that the Michigan race ?

can i get a copy. i was at that race

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

What class are you going to run the Mille in?

18. Christian157

Mille will run in the period 4 class (1992-2005 models) if I am not on the RG500 which would be in the period 3 class(1983-1991) a friend of mine will ride my ZX 7 in that class as well.

19. RdRcr150

Hell...we don't really have classes in HMGP we just out and ride as fast as we want and have fun. It's racing for old farts and gentlemen...not sure what I am though.

20. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Sounds like fun!