1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any updates from summit?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bart#72, Apr 2, 2011.

1. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

i had a front row view to the crash today during the c superbike/heavyweight fiasco. am i allowed to post the video?

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

3. natedogg624

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

That fella was in a hurry.

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

You'll never win the race in the first turn, but you sure can lose it...

Damn.

6. natedogg624

probably doesn't feel too good to get a back end come up and blindside another rider in their back either...

7. How many times has that been said? I know that scenario was covered in depth in a long thread in the "New Racer" section.

T1/T2 off the launch is not the place to do anything crazy to try to win the race. Like Ed Bargy says "just get the bike going and get through there...you have 6-10 laps to try to win the race, just get through T1 safely".

8. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

I was cornerworker pickup on T8. I was a little afraid that one was going to put an end to the day as we were running out of red/white wagons. Would be great to hear a status on the ones carted away?

BTW, thanks guys for doing such a great job keeping the rubber down on T8 Sunday! Had Zero pickups! :up:

9. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I saw everyone who was there, but only spoke to a couple of folks.

10. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

:eek: I was flagging turn one during the incident! Since it was the start of the race, and I was focused on the pack coming into the turn, I saw the whole thing unfold! Anyone know how the riders involved are? We had four bikes total down in turn one, two riders were able to get up and walk away.

11. WHendrix

WHendrix Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice the vintage MotoGuzzi 1953 Falco I think running in the wet conditions. That guy was racing a museum piece on skinny tires (skechy at best) on a machine with no shock, pressure / friction adjusters on the suspension, and an exposed flywheel which was the bomb in its day. I talked him after the race and he said it was "fun"!. Not that is where its at. Thanks to all the cornerworkers and volenteers that braved Saturday. Sunday was a much nicer day with good conditions. Hollywood is right, those vintage guys were really brave and showed everyone a thing or two.

12. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

I was working T1 on Saturday and watched that red machine come thru everytime! It was loud, sexy and ohhh so vintage!

I was working flags and Hollywood was captain'ing across the track from me, and I remember at one point he yells over to me..."You see that thing?!?! He must've gotten that out of the museum at Barber!!!!"

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Video

Hey natedogg, I posted the (your) video in Youtube section. What happened there? Did front lockup and the bike do an endo? Anyone injured?

14. natedogg624

from my view, looked the guy came in way to hot, jammed the front brakes - back wheel came up one, two, then the third time swung up and hit Phil (orange shirt) in the back.

I've been talking with Phil, says he's ok broken thumb and sore. I'll let him post up more if/when he sees this thread.

15. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

How was the pavement condition? Noticed some real fast guys there going slower than normal. Was a bit chilly or what?

16. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

The track was really green, especially after the rain/sleet all day saturday. I think it was more a cold pavement/cold tires slowing everyone down. Fastest I saw was a 16.6 i think by Sam.

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

+1. Track was green (and a little dirty in some spots from the rain runoff) but the surface itself was in good shape. BTW the new T3 runoff is excellent.

18. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

Conditions seems to change hourly, my lap times were about 3 sec. Slower than my average last year. pavement appeared to have weathered the winter fairly well but, they're redoing the patches at the end of April.

19. PhilTheBiker

PhilTheBiker Active Member

First my prayers to everyone that was involved. Second, I appreciate everyone that was available to help during the entire weekend and especially workers and EMTs in turn 1. I was on a blue and white gsxr 600 with the orange shirt and white helmet. As for me I'm pretty sure a very special angel was looking out for me in turn 1.

I was able to pick my bike up with some help after a few minutes and made it back to the pits. XRAYs showed a bone chip/fracture in my left hand. This morning it took 20 minutes to walk from the bedroom to the bathroom as my right leg is almost locked up. Chiropractor saw me today as a first step to my recovery.

I'm the lucky one. The guy on the ground on the left side of the video was in a lot of pain. Maybe several broken bones (leg & arm?). The guy that hit me also was carted off.

[​IMG]

20. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

I agree! Thanks for letting us know you are 'okay'. And thanks for giving me the 'thumbs up' as I was yelling from the flag station for someone to get to you asap. Good luck on your recovery!