Lookin for vintage race bike

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Schwiz, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

I'm looking particularly for an F3 or comparable to race this season. I thought I would try this section of forum without going to the new classifieds website since this seems to be where all the action is. Please PM me if you have any leads. Thanks!

2. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

I have a 98 F3 I would really like to move. Lance 717-360-1805

3. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

PM sent! :up:

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

If Lance dont take care of you then Ihave an f2 with f3 everything. Its an f2 motor and frame with f3 carbs, ram air, airbox, wiring harness and fuel pump and f3 front end. Fox rear though Im not sure whats done to the front. But it handles way to well to be stock parts in the forks. Just shoot me a PM and Ill give you more details. But I believe Lance's bike is pretty well set up as I know he has some nice stuff and always well maintained.

5. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

Thanks Dayle! I'm working out a local deal on an older GSXR and if that falls through I was going to pursue Lance's F3. I'll let you know though, thanks! :)

6. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I hope your not talking about the 1st gen GSXR600 turd lol

7. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

Negative, those are turds... this one is an '03.

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Get the F3 and come play in V7MW and HW so you dont have to fight with the modern classes :)

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

personally, I felt that the '01-'03 GSXR's were kind of a lot of work to get through the corners.

I never owned one, so take that with a grain of salt, but I had a few friends with that era GSXR750, and they were as fast or faster on a same-era R6... The GSXR's got a LOT better in 2004.

A lightened F3 can probably even rival that era GSXR in a straight line; at least up to 135 or so.

10. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

I appreciate all the input, it's nice to hear others opinions on this sort of thing. The GSXR is priced right with all the go fast parts, spare engine and an extra set of wheels. I'm going to look at it Friday, if that falls through I will be looking into a few F3's that people have PM'ed me about.

Again, I appreciate all the advice and people who are stepping forward to help me out. Thanks! :up:

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

If your getting a track bike I see no problem. If your getting a race bike then your putting yourself in a modern class with a bike thats outdated by 8 years!

I would hope its in the $2000-3000 range! Personally I wanted a modern 600 but I cant afford to get a competative model, prep the bike, and spend $26/gal on race gas just to be close to part bike wise in the expert class.

I chose V7 since I can run a less expensive 600, there wont be new models with 10+ HP or 20lbs lighter coming out next year and just about everyone in the class from what I have seen has a day job lol...

12. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Yup............what he said. V7............even if you have to buy a Honda....lol.

:beer:

13. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

It's a $1900 package for everything. The only crappy thing is that the CRA isn't big enough to have a V7 class and I'm a new rider this year. So regardless I'm going to have to compete with more modern bikes. I was originally contemplating a vintage bike for the cost effectiveness, I don't plan on placing every race, I'm in it for the competitiveness. If I went LW, it might be a little better, but I haven't seen anything come up in my area.

I'm still keeping my options open though. Thanks again for your input.

14. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

$1900 is a good price if its got all the goodies on it etc...

Good luck :up:

If you need it painted look me up :D

15. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

PM sent.

16. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Deez is the man with the paint.:up::up::up: He even has a cool new paint shop too!:clap:

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Lot's of Green/Black/White paint.....some Orange...........no pasta red............yet.

The shop is very nice...........I think he needs to do street graffiti graphics on the wall of the paint booth.......but he wants unicorns...........go figure.

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I got some pasta red and some kandy red too

19. bigtwin100

bigtwin100 Well-Known Member

I've got an FZR400 racebike I'm selling

20. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Really!

Your just saying that so I will finish up in the paint booth....lol.