1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armour Bodies - R6 install

Discussion in 'Tech' started by aglR6, Mar 29, 2011.

1. aglR6

aglR6 Member

Hi all, for those who have a set of armour bodies bodywork for a 08-10 R6 how did you guys mount the windscreen? I have a zero gravity windscreen and because of the tabs on the bottom part of the windscreen it doesn't seem to match up to the mold. Do you need to cut slots into the bodywork or grind down the tabs on the screen? if i mount it straight on with out modification there is a gap at the bottom seems like air can rush through it. any input would be helpful, i have a track day this weekend and want to make sure i get mounted properly.

2. WoodcraftCFM

WoodcraftCFM Member

Just use a Dremmel and grind them off.

3. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I did too. Armour Bodies = good stuff!

4. aglR6

aglR6 Member

I used a grinding wheel and took them right off rather easily. If you are actually part of the Woodcraft company I have to comment that I called in and talked to a support/tech rep and the guy didn't really know what I was talking about. He just said mount it on with tabs and if you have ever done that it just fits terribly. Grinding off the plastic is so easy that I would imagine that would be a recommendation as part of the instructions with regards to your R6 kits. Just a thought, take it or leave it.

5. WoodcraftCFM

WoodcraftCFM Member

That was actually me you talked to. I was just having a stupid moment...It had been a few years since I prepped an R6.

6. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

Woodcraft customer service is second to none in my book! Woodcraft and Armour Bodies are both excellent companies with great products. Thanks for all you guys do supporting this sport!

7. aglR6

aglR6 Member

it happens to the best of us, thanks for responding.

8. aglR6

aglR6 Member

I am glad to hear that, good service and customer relations go a long way for me and I would even pay more for something knowing that they have solid customer service.