1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips?

Discussion in 'General' started by rhett93, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I almost went that route too. :D

2. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Go TO A TRACK DAY AND GET OFF THE STREET!!!

Count your blessings that nothing bad has happened to you yet, because if you treat the street like a racetrack, eventually it will. Ask me how I know lol

3. rhett93

rhett93 Member

Takes alot to send me home with my tail between my legs.
    I expect and look forward to being the slower guy for awhile. When I'm at the Dragon I run with the locals and when I chase one that is alot faster then me I actually enjoy the challenge and like seeing where they pull from me and what I need to work on.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Where is the racoon? Did you see a racoon?

Then you get white plates, and it starts all over again. :D

5. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

While whats being said here is the rule... theres always the exception.

Spend hours on the phone and sending e-mails to EVERY business within 100 miles of you.

I did that my novice year, I had 1 race under my belt. I must have called or e-mailed 500 companies. I hit one and ended up with $5000 cash, they wrapped my bike with graphics, bought me new gear and had me and the bike set up in a booth at the State Fair. Theres money, you just gotta find it.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RC51 in your pic?

7. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

When do you plan on doing a td at jgp exactly. I'll probably be there since I'm working in Daytona and I wouldn't mind helping a local Carolina guy start out on the right track (no pun intended)

8. I agree with one of the previous posts, get on the track and be glad you aren't dead yet. Keep pushing yourself on the streets and you will be soon enough.

9. rhett93

rhett93 Member

I'm all too aware of the dangers of the street.
    Thankyou for being one of the few to help a fellow rider.
    Sure is.
    April 30
    Getting on the track is sort of the whole point behind this thread. :Poke:

10. rhett93

rhett93 Member

I'll post one here if that's what you all want. You're not gonna hurt my feelings lol

11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

you should take up gixxercurt on his offer, i know my first few trackdays i was nervous and a bit overwhelmed, and would love to have had an experienced guy there to get my head right.

all in all, your going to LOVE the racetrack. nothing like it. until you grid your first time as a novice. then there is nothing like that either. :D

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Forget about how fast your are at the Gap.

13. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Don't. It's against the rules unless you post it in the right thread, and it'll just give you a bunch of grief and prove nothing. Go to Jennings, have fun and report back.

15. socalrider

remember my line about piranha's :D

16. socalrider

sunuva! :down:

17. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

I think if it's motorcycle related its cool...:confused:
    But I def agree don't post it up or this thread will instantly go further south, some of these guys are ruthless.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  18. rhett93

rhett93 Member

Will do!
    I'm a highschooler.. No words can hurt me lol :D (Although, unlike most highschoolers, I benefit from constructive criticism) Though I'm seeing I can't really expect that from most of the members in this thread.

19. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

we all said that at one point or another in our lives.

20. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Sell the RC-51, buy an SV (and the race parts you need), and start from there.