1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's time to step up and be a man.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sklossmonster, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Remind me, how many countries sent financial assistance to the US when Katrina hit?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Giving to any organization that effectively deals with disasters is a good thing. There is a lot more need than resources and we have more than most, even when things are not so good. Give now. If they don't use it for Japan, there will be something else tomorrow, or the day after.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

My dad told me I'd never be a man. Wait 'til he sees all of my credit cards!

4. jackel151

jackel151 Well-Known Member

Man up.
    You mean like the people over there risking there lives trying to get water onto the runaway core. Now thats manning up. Going into high rad areas to try and protect others knowing your probley signing your own death cert.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Estimates for the cost of damage are as high as the entire annual GDP for Japan, so $35 million is not huge. If you want to give, give, if not, don't. Keep in mind if you text a donation, the service provider MAY charge a fee and it can take 30 to 90 days for the money to reach the charitable organization.

IMHO, if you want to give, give to organizations that are there now helping. They are already putting donations to good use.

9. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

If I donate my money it will be to Wera.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sean Penn is the man.

11. positraction127

positraction127 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if what is in this op-ed is true, but it makes you think twice before you donate money to the Red Cross or other similar organizations. This article talks about Red Cross money donated for the Haiti earthquake.

For what it's worth:

http://www.ajc.com/opinion/haiti-where-did-all-819626.html

12. positraction127

positraction127 Well-Known Member

I think I recall there being some promises, but ultimately I wonder much cash actually got sent, who it was sent to, and what they did with it.

I suspect it was a miniscule and futile gesture on the part of whomever made it. It's not as if New Orleans is restored to pre-Katrina, there are a lot of neighborhoods around the city that are still virtual ghost towns.

13. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Have we all forgot that Millions of Americans are being evicted from there homes for what ??? Wall of water or Wall street it all suck's.

14. bondo

bondo WERA West #5

man up? Like a surprise military attack while negotiations were still ongoing?

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Boom!

It hard to help countries that attack you in your sleep.

16. teamneon

teamneon Well-Known Member

i thought this thread was about someone getting a hooker knocked up :(

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

do they ever?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys sure you want to make political type posts? Cuz I'm sure I want to ban you for doing so...

19. Firestick

Firestick Member

Actually there is only one country on our planet that has more debt that Japan. They are in dire financial trouble. This devastation is going to kick the country ass in a way they've never experienced before. But not too worry, they will rebuild. There is nothing as strong as the resolve of Japanese people and their culture.

So for those who don't feel the need to donate and help, don't. It's that simple. Karma works in wonderful ways.

20. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i'll be stepping up this afternoon and sending my entire weeks pay...

directly to my own checking account relief fund.

japan will have to settle for my prayers for now. this brother's broke. :cool: