New site debugging thread....

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Mar 3, 2011.

1. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Text of the ad doesn't appear the listing pages in Safari

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Odd, I've got everything showing fine in Safari on the mac and the ipad. That shouldn't be an ad blocker issue either.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

So, is it not possible to 'bump' a WANTED listing?
    Or do we just start a new listing for the same WANTED ad every couple days or week?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet another improvement I really like on the new site is the lack of ability to bump an ad every few hours.

5. Dlk7u

Dlk7u Active Member

The way the site displays a "sold" icon (rather than the asking price) stops users from knowing what the asking price was. Dont get me wrong, knowing that an item has been sold (on the search results page) without clicking through is sweet, but did you mean to mask price info on the individual ad page itself?

I have a bunch of stuff to sell but need to know old prices so I can price accordingly.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmmmmm..... That was done because of people not wanting to click through and see a sold item. I'll see if we can do it in one spot but not the other.

7. faztbikez

faztbikez Well-Known Member

i dont know if you know but the sites been down for a while now i thought it was my pc by i use different ones and no the same

this is what is showing

The connection has timed out

The server at www.weraclassifieds.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  8. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

I noticed I had to turnoff my Ad Block Plus addin in Firefox for the pictures/text to show up on the main pages. after that is seems to work fine.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Weird stuff, sorry about that. I'll see what's going on, it's been down a wee bit more than I like.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Turns out the interwebs on the west coast are acting up, nothing we can do about it.

11. selztoad

selztoad Well-Known Member

It sucks, it constantly locks up and or is slow

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah see, that could have easily been said without the stupid shit about it sucking and you'd have gotten a much nice response. you look like a little kid stomping their feet and your issues are taken in that vein.