1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gingerman Layout

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Mar 1, 2011.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Looks like Gingerman is gonna be first chance to get out this year. I went to the website as I wanted to see the new layout (haven't been there since 2005) and the track map info is the same.

My question is, did they make changes/lengthen the track as I thought, or am I mistaken?

If they did change it, any help finding a trackmap of the new layout is appreciated.

thanks
    Mark

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

they did. Dave Grey might have some video from when he was there lasat year?

3. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

4. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

5. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

I mean really?? Where is NVG....??? Haha, too funny!

6. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Their website says Thursday evenings are bike only "test and tune" nights. Anyone ever try that? I've never been to the track before and am looking to get a little practice ahead of race weekend. Nothing else on their calendar.

7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I've done it, its nice. Lots of track time with very light turn out (sometimes 3 or 4, at most like 10) Last season they ran it on Wed. with cars (broken up, cars go, then bikes) This year they are doing Thursday just bikes, Wed, just cars.

8. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

I got the opportunity to run G-man a bit last year. Passing opportunities will be the same as before, with the new turns 9 and 10 offering more and different lines but no additional passing opportunities.

-Tom

9. ton

ton Arf!

did a bunch of 'em last season. will do this year too. they've raised the price to $75, but since it's going to be a bike only event on thursdays, it's a lot of tracktime for the price. i was only at one night last year where we had enough bikes and ability level disparity that we could've broken into two groups...

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The new layout adds some more time at full throttle and it lets you really run it through the gears on the way to the start finish straight. It makes the track feel faster and there's a decent amount of elevation change too. As I understand it, the extra track was added to allow racing in both directions. I've only ridden it backwards before the addition, so I can't comment for certain, but if the new section is as good as it is in the clockwise direction, it'll be even more fun going the other way. :D

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

12. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Thanks. Looks like I'll be working some half days on Thursdays this spring. :up:

13. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

Don't drag me into this Kris! I hate G-man... but it's close to home so I love that it's on the NC schedule...:beer:

14. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

I normally don't like Gman...but I've heard Dave Grey rave about the new layout a couple of times so looks like gotta give it a try! The test and tune deal for $75 sounds like a great deal...especially if every week!

15. ton

ton Arf!

the new section really changes the character of the track. i love the way it flows all the way from the decreasing radius left hand double apex through to the front straight now. it's still got the seams and a nasty bump or two, but that's a midwestern track for ya...

16. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Glad to hear they moved it to Thursday, bike's only. I'm off every other Friday, so looks like I'll be heading up on the days I don't have to work after. Did a few Wednesday's last year. the new layout really dose change the track.

17. repsol600

repsol600 Well-Known Member

would doing one of these test and tune days for my first time ever track riding be a bad idea? i like the appeal of it being cheap and not crowded but what does the beebs say? my other choice is grattan with STT. comments?!?!?

18. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

If you are going by yourself I would say do an STT day first. That way you have a little instruction and someone to give you a tow around the track. If you have friends going with you that can help you out, then doing a test and tune will be fine. If you are looking to get on the track, do the TEAM CHICAGO RACE SCHOOL at Grattan April 2. It's only like $60 and it'll get you out on the track! teamchicago.tv is the website

19. repsol600

pm'd you

20. repsol600

so i checked it out, is the 45 the only thing you have to pay to ride?
    if i have ZERO track experience, will this be a good idea?
    i really want to get into track riding and eventually racing so i fee that if you guys think i could handle it i woldlike to do it.
    is there any way i can email them because i just want to get the breakdown on what goes on and what i need and what it will be all about unless you guys know what goes on, anyone with info can pm if they would like
    p.s. sorry for the threadjack