1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any ideas how to make a few extra bucks before race day

Discussion in 'General' started by jiffyzx6, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

thanks bud I will right now! ...and I fucking hate needles too... but o well ill suck it up.

2. bfolkerts

bfolkerts Well-Known Member

If you don't like needles...then you won't like this!

They use a giant needle, maybe a hair bigger than when donating blood. Depending on the nurse that you have - it can be painless....or a nightmare.

I did it a few times when in college....definitely not worth it for me now - but works if you're in a pinch!

3. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

[​IMG]

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Applying for a new credit card sounds less painful.

5. jiffyzx6

is it like the needles they used to drain the fluid out of my knee when I fucked it up... that fucking needle was like a god damn 7-11 big gulp straw! that sucked so bad but laughed my ass off when my mom passed out cuz of blood shooting out of it lmao made it worth it lol

6. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

HAHAH...can i donate semen....just put a cup at the bottom of my shower drain...haha...my opinion is this....if you have to donate parts of your body or fluids...you might be in the wrong sport...what about tears...i cry alot..hah

7. grapesmuggler27

grapesmuggler27 Well-Known Member

I don't know what kind of work you dobbut I'm in HVAC (heating and air tech), but a lot of our guys hate being on call. So what I do is pick up some of their calls on the weekends for extra money. I mean seriously who does not like money? Double time on weekends I will take it!

8. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

yup, this winter has been tough for me. But bee season is right around the corner....... so fingers crossed its a good one!

9. jiffyzx6

I'm a machinest for total seal piston rings... unfortunately no OT right now. my roommate is a union electrician so he's always doing that... would love to have his paycheck lol

10. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

What non bike related stuff do you have laying around? I was off work for a while and when money got real tight I started selling off anything I had around the house that I hadn't used or looked at for a while. Its pretty amazing what you can get for old toys and model trains...

Ebay/paypal would be cutting it close but a pawn shop might be a good option.

11. grapesmuggler27

grapesmuggler27 Well-Known Member

A lot of bigger cities have temp agencies where they pay cash that day for work check that out

12. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Well, according to your signature you're sponsored...So why don't you have them pay for your ride and gas?

13. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

Check with your bank, mine does short term loans.

14. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

Withdraw it from your bank account and go negative
    A 17 dollar nsf charge wouldnt keep me from the track.

15. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

Think I'll hang on to my plasma. Might come in handy.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Lemonade stand

Bake sale

Being a crack dealer. Get a gun, and deal crack. Not like a mean crack dealer, but like... like a nice one. Kinda friendly like, "hey, what's up guys? Want some crack?"

17. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

:crackup:

18. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

HELL YES
    :crackup:

you could also deliver pizza on your huffy BMX

19. jiffyzx6

called CSL plasma and they pay $35 a visit max 2 times a week. they said a paper cut is worse... well see about that lol ill try a temp agency to. maybe I can find some weekend work. so far since I started this thread I've managed $100 including the plasma stuff this weekend.

o and as for sponsor help, one helps with gear (huge help there! you have no idea) I couldn't do it without them and the other pays for my first race entry fee (hey $100 a month for not even racing my first race yet... I think its pretty good lol)

I just might make it after all... now just need to work on transportation.

20. jiffyzx6

but I don't have the money to get a gun or my first batch of crack... pizza delivery on my bmx might just work though... and good exercise for racing! ...I need to make a basket for the front lol

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011