1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Rules are done

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sucks that he's still fast too huh? :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You seriously think your YZF is the pinnacle of the class?

3. shawn449

shawn449 Biscuit

Iam just looking for it to be fair and not turn into the RC51 cup. There are so many posts about guys looking to have that true V7 HW class and not a race of V7 MW who bump up...other then Lance who do you have that are true V7HW ..just saying...your ball your rules..just dont kill our class

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Not that it matters to me cause Im a Honda guy and would buy a Honda over Suzuki anyways. But how come the Srads of the late 90s arent in our v7mw or hw class? Were they just that bad? My neighbors Srad 600 has a hard time keeping up with my F3. Its got alittle top end but by the time it gets to it Im already gone. And he has the 520 conversion on with 1 up on the rear, plus the 4to1 exhaust. Now its in stock form as far as suspension and plastic but I didnt think that made that big of a difference in a straight line. Just curious is all?

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

600's bumping up to HW brings more to the grid.

If all these guys want a true class why dont they show up and run it?

I raced Ray at CMP and had a heck of a time. Kept up with him for a few laps then fell off the pace of the 1100 on my 600.....

We need bigger grids first....:up:

Larger grid size = competition = contingencies = possibilites for growth and changes
    Smaller grids = less competition = less contingicies = possible class restructuring/merging/elimination

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Being that they race V7 with HWT classes, the V7 guys are typically faster than the HWT guys. The TL1000's and RC51's weigh over 410lbs in SS trim. And you aren't getting an RC51 to turn like it needs to in SS trim. That being said I'd love to buy my old TL back and come and play..

7. Hyperdyne

RC51's are very expensive to make fast. As I said... I mid pack expert on a F3 will eat his lunch all day long. the only exception is maybe RA because of the straight. That bike is no where near as fast as what you are making it out to be.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

No scheisse, Sherlock! He completely took the wind out of my sails when he posted here. :D

But seriously, I'd give some thought to racing an old man's class, as long as those 40ish kids weren't allowed to play.

You could call it Super Seniors.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're going to race then do so. Don't try and blame me and the rulebook for not doing it ;)

10. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Looks like the man said it all!!!!:D

Sean how bout those Srads? Just curious why they arent legal? I dont have one or never will was just curious.

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Hey, quit picking on my boy, he's fast, last time I saw him at the Beaver he was sliding across the grass as fast as anyone I've ever seen...:bow:

12. Shyster d'Oil

Hey, I am no longer stupid enough to race with 17 year olds who have no sense of their mortality, or mine for that matter.

I want to race a class with fragile old men like me.

13. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Good to know I'm not the only one here on medicare. As long as Royce Eaton keeps showing up, there's hope for the rest of us. :D

Hey, sponsor a challenge for 'Special' racers, donate the trophies, and maybe Mongo'll let you run an exhibition race at the end of the day. WERA Vintage did that for several years annually at the Spring Classic. Started out as a run-what-you-brung 3 or 4 lap dash for 50+ y/o riders, next year gridded by inverse bike size and the last one I attended was a combined AHRMA affair with 3 separate classes. Still a 4 lap dash, but that made it even more fun, since fewer of the riders had to stop to pee! ;)

14. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

shawn, V7HW is a superbike class. there are GSXR-1100's with 160 hp and mid/late 90's suspension and brakes. you've seen lance's beast. people put a lot of work in to their bikes. do you know how easy it is to put R1/R6 calipers on your bike??? they bolt right on. brembo rotors from a 916/996/998 or aprilia mille bolt right on. get a newer master cylinder.....cheap.
    need rearsets? attack makes great rearsets for your bike. if you need parts for your bike, let me know. you don't need a 1K motor to be competitive. that 750 is capable, just use that right wrist a bit more...:)

are you going to complain when someone shows up with a 150-160 hp YZF 750/1000 with ohlins R/T forks, attack triples, ohlins piggyback shock, brembo brakes and marchesini wheels? that's the reality shawn. it can, and has happened. superbike rules. anything goes except radial calipers.

please do some research on lap times and results like everyone has mentioned. most V7MW guys end up catching a good amount of the HWT guys who they share the same race with.

with all that being said, i do like the idea of moving the '91-'95 bikes to V6HW and opening V7HW even more. there are only 3-4 true V6HW bikes left, and usually only 2 show up to race in the SE. there are zero V6HW bikes on the grip up north. i'd like to see V7HW be open to all Formula 2 bikes, all pre 2K non FI bikes (SS motors), in addition to what's already eligible. that would be a cool grid.

it's a little late for these changes i think though shawn. why not see how this year goes with the additions wera has made, and address it next year? worry about getting faster on your own bike before splitting hairs about the twins.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The big twins should fit fine.

I was on the back side of the third wave at Barber, 6hw was in front of us in the third wave. The big twin experts were in the first wave. I passed the second place expert on the last lap, and I was only in third for V7mw.

The bikes can be made to go really fast, but few people would put that kind of money into one. If they do, they still have to ride it.

I want to see bigger grids so the class will still be there when I can get back out.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well that excludes most of the over 60 crowd running with us from your class....

:crackup:

17. Shyster d'Oil

Yuk it up all you like, but keep it up and me and my peeps will drop you like a pair of dirty socks and head over to the AMHRA or whatever its called. I bet they have a rockin' BBS.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I ain't afraid of you fragile man :Poke:

19. Hyperdyne

Geezer fight!!!!! :D

20. Shyster d'Oil

That's it Tubs!! Me and Chiles are outta here!! :D