2011 Rules are done

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As the title says, the rules are updated and online. Working on a trick pdf or epub version that'll look pretty and take care of our advertisers better but at least the rules are out there for now.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just did a check. I take it my 96 MZ Skorpion didn't make it in Vintage this year?

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Yes!

Thank you for allowing aftermarket rims on the V7 duc's..........bye bye 3-spoke boat anchors.

:beer:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need to do some more research on that one, your email is in the pile of "need to respond to". For now, let me go ahead and say yes tentatively and we'll see how it does. You'll get scored and points and all that good stuff but I'll reserve the right to pull it out if necessary. V6 LW wasn't it?

5. rd400racer

Yes sir, thank you very much! Now my son and I can battle it out 2 days in a row.

Sweet

6. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

RC51 in V7HW, that might have to be my next bike.

7. charles

charles The Transporter

Thank you for the consideration of the petition sent to WERA. With some good fortune, it will be a good year for WERA and WERA Vintage. :up:

8. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Yamaha RZ350 (up to 450cc)

9. rd400racer

Actually, I don't think there will be any problems. I rode it against Tuna's EX in Clubman at Nashville and he kicked my butt.

I want to chalk it up to 10 years off track but he was riding the wheels off that EX:D

Thanks again

10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

nice additions to V7HW

11. shawn449

shawn449 Biscuit

WTF

RC51 legal for v7 HW.....yeah, that seems really fair...makes over 120 hp, against my 94 YZF750 that makes 108 hp. Really?! Are you kidding me!!!! ANYBODY WANT TO PURCHASE A YZF? Last time I checked, the RC51 was still winning HW twins races......that doesn't seem vintage to me! Mongo, can you take another look at this?!

12. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Plus 1 on that. I also loved the RC51s. Would be cool to see these grid up with us. I know there are alot still around.

And we run alot of times on the back of that class and alot of these guys are running thru them. Look back over the times from the last few years.

13. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

it takes a lot of work to get a RC51 really humping for the average club racer. compare the lap times of those in the HW classes on a RC51 or TL with V7HW.

your YZF has loads of potential. ride it.
    neither of those bikes can run radial brakes, so their brakes aren't any better than the R6 or R1 brakes you should be running on your YZF.

sean, do the RC51 and TL motors have to be SS spec?

i'm sure if a few of these bikes slaughter most of the true V7 bikes then sean will review the rules. i think it'll be a blast.

no true V7HW bike is "vintage". more like obsolete. at some point in time other bikes that run like times should be indexed in to this class. this is a good place to start.

14. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Mongo,
    Can I assume that IAW the RB my (identical design, successive year) '97 Skorpion Clubman bike will be able to run V6LW now. Will we be able to use Clubman specs, which most of the MZ race motors were built for @ 5mm over to 105mm, (720cc). The vintage 2mm over limit would eliminate most existing race MZs.

If so, I'll rebuild mine and be ready by Mid-Ohio...seriously.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  15. shawn449

shawn449 Biscuit

V-7

Sure my YZF has a ton of potential. Put a FZR 1000 motor in it (yeah yama-monster) R-1 brakes? Heck I can’t even get aftermarket rear sets anymore for the bike; it took four months just to piece together a full exhaust. You can still get anything you need for a RC-51 without issues.. aren’t RC-51 fuel injected? Maybe we should just move true HW V-7 bikes from 91-95 down to V-6HW and add GSXR-750 from 96-97 to V7..any takers on this.

16. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Still no 56+ class? :confused:

17. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Don't you mean 65? I could go for that.

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Sam, are you really that old?

19. rd400racer

Nice to see another Skorpion guy here! I run mine in Clubman, but the motor is stock. Maybe someday I'll do something to it but I just enjoy racing it as is. I've got a full fairing for it but run naked right now. Hope to see you out there!

[​IMG]

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, DSB/Clubman specs are fine.