R&R Racing products

Discussion in 'General' started by Slowstad, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Slowstad

Slowstad Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this company:

http://www.r-r-racing.com/index.html

I recently purchased a subframe from them and the sale is not going so well.

Any input is appreciated

2. caferace

caferace No.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

4. caferace

caferace No.

Not if you have Javascript disabled by default. :D

-jim

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

They answered a couple emails for me last week. Wanted 2 weeks lead on fabrication though.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

We waited over a month for a sub frame and then he said he couldnt get to it. I wouldnt buy anything from them again.

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Cannot comment on other's experiences, but Brett does some of the best fabricating work around.

As far as timeframe and what not go...cannot comment there.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  8. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I've not had any experience with them personally but from what I've heard, Endurance Engineering has some of the best stuff out there.

http://www.enduranceengineering.com/usaindex.html

Website is plain jane but from what everyone I've talked to has always said good things about Chris.

9. delacampos

delacampos Well-Known Member

i've purchased from R&R before. guy was easy to talk to and very upfront. all in all the customer service i received was perfect. as for the product, not so much. welds were a bit sloppy IMO.

10. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

+1

they went the extra mile to get me a subframe in 9 days, was happy bout that considering i live in australia.

however,the rear section that holds the tail on was poorly designed and it started to develop cracks after just one sprint race, by the end of the weekend (4 sprint races) it had completely snapped and i had to dodgy up a bracket to hold it all together... the lack of support then broke my tail fairing....

the fit wasnt the best either

cheers.joe.

11. Tim McKinley

Tim McKinley Salty Member

bought a front and rear stand from them in 2000 or so. Best rear stand I ever had until a Spaniard liked it better.

12. yamahaareone

yamahaareone Well-Known Member

Bought a rear wheel stand from them in 2000, wouldn't own any other after using this one for the past 10 years.

13. MMAGuy1970

MMAGuy1970 Member

Didn't have to deal with the Co. but I did pick up their subframe/exhaust bracket for my SV and couldn't be happier. Have had it for about a year now, no problems and I wouldn't hesitate picking up another.

I'm big on customer service though so if it's not working for you I'd ask for your money back and move on. Best of luck.

14. mdr14

mdr14 What?

I have known Brett Ray and have done business with him for about 16 years. He and R&R Racing are top notch and trustworthy.

15. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I bought one of their subframes and was very pleased. He sent me one for a 1000 instead of a 600. He paid for me to ship the wrong one back and he had the right one on its way that day.

16. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I got an exhaust hanger from them but that doesnt take much to contruct either.

17. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I've used the GSXR subframes from them and they were great. Welds, not the prettiest but they were strong.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes they did a Subframe for my 09 1000... Great company Great Service and great Products.. I got a trick exhaust bracket from them too...

19. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

same story here, but i also had fitment issues.