1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight loss...ECA stack??

Discussion in 'General' started by d-wire, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Old thread back from the dead.

I've GOT to cut off about 25lbs before the season starts and now that I'm older and work so many hours the regular routine just isn't doing the trick. I'm so tired at the end of each day that my workouts suck, I can't find any intensity, and I'm still too beat in the morning to drag my lazy ass out of bed for morning workouts. Time for a boost.........

Last night I went to Walgreen's and bought a box of Maximum Strength Bronkaid, a bottle of store brand caffeine pills, and some asprin. I've got a month's supply of ECA stack for about $20. Took the first dose this morning and now I remember why I used to love this stuff so much. Way back when it was available as a diet/energy pill I was working on the SWAT team in Supermax at the state pen. I'd take this stuff and be on point all day. Now I work in an office and I'm bouncing off the walls. I've got like 10 windows open, multi-tasking like a madman, and have energy to spare!

2. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

This says it all

3. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

If you feel you must do an "ECA" stack then drop the Aspirin...it doesnt do anything for the stack. If you want to add anything else then look at Lean Xtreme by Driven Sports. Drink lots of water and continue with the cardio and you'll drop weight quick. Stops the food cravings when you take it with a lot of water. The ephedrine/caffeine is prob not the best health-wise, but its very effective if you're looking to shed pounds.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The asprin is supposed to help slow down the body's ability to build a tolerance to it. I tend to get used to things very quickly, so it can't hurt.

As for the healthiness of it, it's a trade-off between the risks of being overweight and the risks of the ephedrine. Believe me, when it comes performance enhancers, this is far from the worst thing I've done:up:

5. bfolkerts

bfolkerts Well-Known Member

+1 - you can drop the aspirin and have it still be effective. Besides the thermal effect, and obviously higher energy...ECA stack's biggest strength is its anorexic effect on your appetite.

I dropped 30lbs pretty quick - basically sticking to a diet of Egg Beaters (walmart), chicken and lean pork - and TONS of water.

I would definitely not recommend the ECA stack to anyone that has any amount of high blood pressure, or heart issues!

Also - taking the ECA is not recommended with high amounts of cardio. Mostly because it's very easy to overheat or dehydrate.

Lastly - you must cycle the ECA off for a week after being on for 3-4 weeks.

Hope this helps!

6. :stupid:

You can find it, but you will have to sign for it. You can get the caffeine from anything and the aspirin is taken with it because aspirin is a blood thinner.

It really is good shit, i hate that the idiots had to ruin it for everybody.

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Do you have any research to back up this statement? Or are you reporting anecdotal evidence?

I am interested if there are studies out there proving this. So if you can let me know where to find it....

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Do you take one of each pill? twice a day?

9. Yes, one of each pill (hence the term "Stack") as far as frequency, that is up to you.

But i wouldnt take it after about 6-7pm or so, you will never get to sleep.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

<---could stack and fit 10 of each pill in my mouth LOL so was making sure and thanks for the PM advice

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

One Bronkaid, One caffeine, and 1/2 an adult asprin or a whole baby asprin (100-150mg). One dose in the morning, one in the afternoon before I workout.

Disclaimer: don't sue me if you die:tut:

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

You won't find anything other than anecdotal evidence. True, science based research (double-blind placebo clinical trials) take years to conduct and are expensive. Remember, when it comes to these products, the only thing the FDA mandates is that the products are SAFE, not SAFE and EFFECTIVE. This is true for any OTC vitamins, herbals, supplements, etc. You essentially could produce and manufacture vitamin C tablets, name it OBECALP, and claim that it reduces hair loss and promotes weight loss. You don't have to prove your claims, you only have to prove that its safe.

ANYONE considering using ANY type of ephedra/caffeine type products: PLEASE if you have hypertension, heart trouble, valve prolapse, or ANY cardiac risk factors that you TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR.

Yes, these products have been abused in the past creating a furor for market removal, but ephedra is not good stuff.

13. bfolkerts

I do one in the morning - and one with lunch. If I take it any time after 2-3, I have a real hard time falling asleep...at all.

14. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

I'm curious about this stack but I've taken Hydroxcut and Zantrex and they make me feel weird.

15. triplestack3

triplestack3 Early Retirement

I triple stack

in all seriousness, I would look at what you're eating before you start putting more stuff in your body. I'm always amazed at how much weight I drop after a month without beer and chili cheese fries.

16. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

No, the reports are all on bodybuilding.com - do a search on that site and knock yourself out :up:

17. bfolkerts

bodybuilding.com is where I got all my info as well.

Also - if hydroxycut makes you feel weird - I would definitely stay away from the ECA stack!

18. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Sounds good. I've been running and trying to diet but its so hard. I have lost a net of 7lbs so far but I still have a good 25-30 more to go so I too would like a little boost or extra encouragement. The Hydroxycut messes with my mind more than my body. I get edgy and quick with people. Caffeine has a opposite effect on me I think.

19. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

The aspirin keeps your blood thin. The E+C will raise your blood pressure, last thing you want to do is get cut though. Very hard for the blood to clot when you have aspirin in your system.

20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Its not THAT effective of a anticoagulant where if someone gashed their leg on the corner of their trailer it would be an emergent situation. Yes, it WILL delay clotting time, but unless your taking warfarin or heparin, the delay is insignificant. (Surgery is a different case, however)