Relocation ?

Discussion in 'General' started by cnote1201, Feb 4, 2011.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Neither, if I had the choise, but i'd probably go NE because my interests are swinging back towards hunting and it's closer to "home". I hink I'd start shooting southerners withing a couple weeks. :D

2. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

I live in Omaha and love it. I hate that I have to drive 8 hours to race. There are three tracks within 3 hours drive, but only one will have one race this year. Track days are not for me, I am a racer. Lincoln has the university of nebraska, and a ton of weirdos! So find a place to live in west Omaha and cummute to Lincoln.. That's what I would do.

3. retrorabbit

retrorabbit Active Member

Louisville is a bumpkin town if you're from anywhere metropolitan. The bar scene is decent, the strip clubs offer "services", and we've got a pretty good community of motorcycle enthusiasts.

I've lived in Louisville for about six years now. 300 miles to the gap, hour and a half to Cinci, two hours to Indy, good back roads, and a lot of loose women. We'd be glad to have you.

4. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Louisville.

They make the best sluggers.

5. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Do you like the sound of tornado sirens, and the thought of being whisked away to OZ?

6. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

I forgot to mention that, but this ain't Kansas toto..or Oklahoma for that matter.

7. cnote1201

cnote1201 Well-Known Member

thanks everyone for the info so far im leaning towards louisville. Any recommendations on a area to look to live at ? im going to be renting at first

8. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

I lived in Hastings, NE for 2 years which is even further out in the middle of nowhere than Lincoln.

NE is a great state with lots of nice people...as long as you adopt the Cornhuskers as your "favorite" team. You can pull for your real favorite team as well but just don't be hatin the huskers when they are not playing them. Make sense?

Do not fear Nebraska. But be advised...as far as roads go, there are only 17 turns in the whole state and 14 of them are at Mid-America Motorplex.

EDIT: Since I left, they built a few more turns at Hastings Motorsports Park so that should be the statewide total up to like 35 or so. In other words, street-biking SUX in NE but everything else is on point.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

To bad MAM is in Iowa.....

10. stephenr928

stephenr928 So come on baby, get in..

11. stephenr928

Speaking of what Jimmy would do....Here's the REAL reason he lives in Omaha

http://www.connexion.org/gay-men/nebraska/omaha

12. Munky78

Munky78 Well-Known Member

I'm with retro, even though he just told me he's DTF whenever :p

I've been in the Louisville/Southern Indiana area all my life, and I'm still finding and learning roads that are curvy, smooth, and mostly, traffic free. Downtown scene is nice, there are several colleges (if you're into college chicks..or dudes). Putnam is the closest track right now, then Nashville, then Mid-O. Barber/Tally are decent drives, about 6-7 hours. Road Atlanta is 8.

As far as renting, it depends on what you're looking for. The cool, hipster, I'm an artist type area is the Highlands. If you're looking for something with a garage, it'll be hard to find in that area. whatever you do, DO NOT rent on the west side, unless you're packing and dealing.

When you're ready to buy, Southern Indiana is where its at, awesome value, 20 minutes from downtown (which just built a new arena).

13. Kevo

Kevo Well-Known Member

I just moved to Louisville in November for Chicago.

I lived downtown in the city for 7 years before moving down here. I thought I was really going to miss Chicago but the more I got here the more I love it.

The people are super friendly, beautiful area, great roads to ride, really cheap cost of living (compared to Chicago), and there is a lot of stuff to do.

Area to live....I would live in the Highlands where we live right off of Bardstown Rd. My wife and I can't do normal suburban living. Bardstown Rd. is nothing but restaurants, bars, shops....so you can walk or ride your bike to everything. I'm a block away from 3 bars, barbershop, hardware store, 2 coffee shops....

If you like to Golf...tons of golf courses. I golfed a bunch in Nov....you can walk 18 for $7.25-10.25. Now that's cheap!

Plus a big advantage of this city....they really support local businesses and try and keep the big chains out for the most part. Travel wise it's easy because Louisville is an international airport. Traffic is a joke...it's easy to get around.

Overall, it's a really easy city to live in and has a lot to do.

Give me a call if you got any other questions or if I can help you out anyway.

14. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Louisville is a great college town with hot chicks. Nebraska has a lot of flat terrain and corn.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Of topic, sorry - Kevin is the shop no longer in Addison? Are you guys still in business? Going racing in 2011?

17. Kevo

Kevo Well-Known Member

Shop is no longer in Addison, yes I'm still in business, no I'm not going racing in 2011...no sponsorship money available.

18. retrorabbit

retrorabbit Active Member

What happens on Facebook, stays on Facebook. You are the one who sends nude pictures to me, what else am I supposed to do?

As for the west end... I've lived on the south west side of town the entire time I've been here. It gets a much worse wrap than it is due. Yes, it is a crappy part of town, but the rent/property value is cheap. There are nice subdivisions that are crime free and don't require you to have your CCL. We aren't all drug dealers and thugs. The white guys with flat bills are starting to run rampant though...

There are tons of college chicks! Even my handicapped ratarded self was able to snag one recently. She is a hell of a cook!

19. stephenr928

I can neither confirm nor deny....

(Sorry for being off topic.)

20. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

Cost of living is more in Lincoln according to one of those comparison sites.
    Thats something to factor in, especially if your salary would be the same.