1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carrozzeria wheels? yes?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by atomic410, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Which one has the more durable cush drive? :)

2. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

Seems like for an extra $600 the marchesini's arn't worth it. however they are 1-1.5lbs lighter than the carrozzeria's (depending on where i get my weights from) my stock ducati wheels are around 8-9 lbs heavier. I think this loss in weight will make a huge difference on my little 620.? yes?

3. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Carrozzeria's are going up from what i hear very soon. My guess is 10-15% since they have not in a while and the blanks come from Japan, the Yen is kicking our US peso bad lately. I bet CZ wheels will be $1950-2100 msrp VERY soon!

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Carbon wheels 20 years ago got a reputation for shattering. Modern ones don't.

5. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Galespeed and PVM wheels FTW!

6. Thors Hammer

Thors Hammer Well-Known Member

Thanks but I specifically qouted and was asking "nazif zaman", not you.

7. snikwad

He's prolly just scared of breaking $3500 wheels on a street pothole.
    CF won't dent and be mended back like metal. Lol

8. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Really. My friend Michael would love to hear that. He broke a BST on the crest of T9 at Thunderhill a couple years ago and left a trail of parts for a hundred feet.

9. atomic410

so yeah 8-8lbs of weight off the wheels will be a pretty big difference, huh?

10. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

The new carrozeria's don't look to be all that light?

11. atomic410

8-9 lbs less a pair than a oem brembo 3 spoke set. magnesium marvics would be around 14lbs less for my application. I'm sure it would be less in weight savings on a newer R6 CBR Etc. I'd rather get the marvics but think 2x's the money for 5lbs. 8-9 im thinking is gonna be a huge difference as it is.

12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Atomic,
    I had a set of Carrozzeria wheels in my Ducati Paul Smart. The bike originally came with heavy spoked wheels. The difference in the way the bike handled after I put on the Carrozzeria wheels was unreal!
    I also got the upgraded 4 pot Brembo's with the set and all the spacers and end everything bolted right up. No modifications needed. For my application with the brake upgrade and being able to use the stock rotors it was the best investment I made in that bike by far...
    I bought the machine polished look and they were awesome looking. Bike got a lot of attention on its own and the wheels just set her apart from the rest...

Ride safe,
    AAron
    BTW-Sending you a PM...

13. Elaborate.

14. Thors Hammer

Thors Hammer Well-Known Member

Front 6 lbs 1.8oz

Rear 9 lbs 3.2oz

Now, someone throw some Carrozzerias on a digital postal scale. I don't own any CZ's, so I can't accomodate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. snikwad

6 and 9.
    That's mag wheel weights. U sure that scale is correct?
    Although with bst wheels I bet all that weight is from the center/hubs and the outer rim weighs nothing.

16. atomic410

lets not forget that the weights are gonna varry from application to application. if i get a pair I'll weigh them and post up the weights but the rear for my bike will be a 5.5" rim thats gotta make a decent difference.

17. jdgun_13

jdgun_13 Well-Known Member

been running a set of CZ wheels on my 2005 zx6r street/track, 1st set made for a 6R at the time, so 6 years later, more than 2 dozen trackdays and thousand of street miles they run like the day i bought them, great.

have a set on my ZX-10r for the last 3 years and no issues there either.

Was about to buy some for the 1098 but came across some forged R wheels for a price i could not pass up, otherwise i would of been sporting another set...when you can get these many times for under $1400 new it is a bang for the buck i could not pass up.

18. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm........

Did Michael's wheel look something like this???

Attached Files:

19. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

If your going to get Marvics order them ahead of time, like wwwaaayyy ahead time. They told me it would take 3 months to get a set for my 02 R6. Ended up being more like 6 months. But them did make a hell of a difference. Faster acceleration, braking later, cornering lower.....

20. ILOAD2

ILOAD2 Member

A couple of months ago I bought a set of Carrozeria wheels from the distributor here in California..

I ordered a set for the Yamaha 450F..

I got them and tried to put them on...No Go not even close..

I called the dood-he said -
    "what bike where these for?"
    I said-
    "well I own a WR450F.......-"
    He says-

"well I sold you wheels for a 03-08 YZ450....."

Silence..

"so there is nothing you can do??"

"We have no idea if these fit a 2008 WR450"

"I was sure the WR and the YZ had the exact same rear end assembly part for part?"

"All I know is that I sent you a YZ450 wheel set"

"No one you could ask if I was sent the wrong set?-maybe a 2009 set?"

"nope..You're on your own..."

Silence..

Turns out the 2008 WR rear end is completely the same as a 2008 YZ450F..
    THE WHEEL SET THEY SOLD ME WAS 2003 to 2008. But I was made to feel like the 2008 WR was a whole different animal even though I did my homework
    and KNEW it was he same..

After measuring everything over and over-nearly an EIGHTH (1/8") inch of material had to be machined off of the carrier side to center the wheel on the bike and new spacers made FRONT AND REAR...

The wheels are great NOW...
    But it cost me another 380.00$ and some "what the fucks is going on!??" for two nights in the garage thinking it would fit right out of the box,like EVERY OTHER SET of wheels I got from Marchesini and BST...

Attached Files:

• 623.jpg
      623.jpg
      File size:
      433.2 KB
      Views:
    • 624.jpg
      624.jpg
      File size:
      417.2 KB
      Views: