1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undercover Boss

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 16, 2011.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I never understood this show, even though I have never watched it. But, I am pretty sure, if you have an inept "new employee" that is being followed by a camera crew, you can be sure you don't have a normal new employee.

In research circles, this would be a flawed study with bias interjected.

2. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Nowadays everyone believes reality TV is beng filmed all around them. It wouldn't be a far fetch to be told that they're doing a reality TV show about a dumbass...because that's what they're pretty much all about.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Telling them it's a reality TV show wouldn't be the only option; you could say it was a documentary. I like the show.

4. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

I think its a good idea. then these CEOs can see 1st hand how hard their employees work for them. And maybe they will give a little back to their workers to make their company a good place to work with good wages.

5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I understand the concept of the show, I just don't think the employees will act "normal" if they are on camera, and they won't work with a new employee the same as one without a camera crew following.

It's just not the most accurate representation of reality, again to the bias induced by the camera crews. That being said, it is good for ivory tower CEO's to see what it is like on the front lines, to improve the process. Plus, the best ideas still come from people that have to deal with the day to day reality of their job and dealing with the customer.

6. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

Or the CEO can see how shitty the customer service really is, and how little his employees actually work...

just sayin'

and shit.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I saw one where some lady CEO had to clean up poop in a kiddie pool at the demand of the employee training her.
    Then at the end... it showed her being all soft and generous... we were trying to figure out exactly how much she gave away on emotion. Im guessing ALOT...

and shit :D

8. racertex

racertex vintage dude

i met a producer who worked on a few episodes of undercover boss when i was out in detroit last month......i had only seen one episode, the hooters one. she told me a lot of stories/interaction with that manager jimbo.

she also did wife swap, and some other crazy reality shows. she had a great story about some tree/earth mother on wife swap that went to live with a motocross family. this producer came up with the rule that whenever the motorcross family said anything motorcycle related that week, that they would have to go out and hug a tree....i haven't laughed that hard in a while.

people who do reality t.v. shows are a little kooky IMHO.

so which one of you bastards here had to hug trees for a week?

tex

9. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

+1 Most if not all reality TV is staged IMHO, not the mention the bad influence it has.

10. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I believe they tell them that they are filming a show where 2 contestants are competing for a job.....you just rarely see the other person. Usually when they "change" into their "work" clothes for the first time.........then to get them to headquarters, they tell them they are voting on which employee to hire.

11. lyodbraun

lyodbraun Sprocket

I think its staged as well, I think if they wanted to go "undercover" they would use some small hidden cammeras and whatnot.. none of these shows that say they are reality tv are reality at all, the only true #1 Real TV show that has no actors and or script to follow is COPS... thats the reality of a job...

12. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I watched 2 episodes of Undercover Boss. It seemed like a more of a PR show than reality to me.

And yeah, you're being followed by a full production crew. No one is going to act 'normal'.

13. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

:stupid:

PR.

if you can sit threw 5 min of this show with out vomitting... kill yourself

14. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

anyone that thinks these shows are real is a fool. My company did the extreme makeover show couple years back and everything about the show was fake and set up. The cast filmed at location for a couple hours and flew out someplace else to film then flew back 4 days later to film the ending. Ty's special project was done by local trimmers and he had no parts of it. Like someone said earlier, reality tv with all the cameras is not reality. Reality tv is struggling everyday working and putting up with assholes, thats real

15. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

They just filmed the Mayor of Cincinnati for Undercover Boss... :Puke:

Caused quite the shitstorm on City Council - they thought he should just focus on issues at hand.

16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

My brother worked on a reality show. It's all fake. You can mostly tell because the stories all follow the same path. Undercover Boss is incredibly obvious. The story is the same every time just with different people.

One of the producers of Jersey Shore recently admitted that the show is scripted. They create a script, put the cast together, tell them what to do and pour some alcohol on them. Viola... shitty tv show that Americans can't get enough of. It's sad.

17. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Once I met Brooke Burke and the Wild on E! people. It was pretty funny. I was on a beach in Hawaii that actually isnt that popular(which is why I liked to go there). They came to film the place and realized that there was 30-40 people on the whole beach, lol. They asked everyon on the beach to form a 10' wide "line" behind Brooke so it looked like the beach was packed. HAHAHA.

18. racertex

racertex vintage dude

did you do that house up off of red lion road in the NE that got robbed of its contents a couple weeks after the show wrapped?

tex