Need some GSXR rotor I.D. help...

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Angus_duc, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Angus_duc

Angus_duc Active Member

I bought this 16.5 " March. wheel off of here with these rotors. Wheel arrived as described no issues there.
    I am planning to use this wheel on my 06 GSXR 1000. The problem that I am is if I want to upgrade the rotors what rotors do I need ? The OEM 06 GSXR 1000 rotor has the same overall diameter (310 mm) but the hub pattern is different.
    I am using the stock calipers.

There was a guy selling brembo hp rotors from a 02 gsxr 600 but they were 320 mm but the hub pattern seem to be the same.

I am totally lost with the permutations and combinations within the production years, I know the old Ducati stuff but this stuff is driving me batty.

I have attached the pic of the wheel and the 2 rotors on top of each other. The black carrier is the 06 1000 rotor and the silver carrier is the rotor that came with the wheel.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

call Fred @Yoyodyne. He has brembo rotors that have the later size310 but the earlier hub diameter.

Or buy those 320mm and just run a 5mm spacer on your calipers.

3. Angus_duc

Angus_duc Active Member

thanks for the help...

...what year and model are these rotors off of ?

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Look like the ones on my 09 1000

5. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH New Member

6. Angus_duc

Angus_duc Active Member

awesome !!...

thanks guys I appreciate your help....:up:

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

If you can get caliper over rotor on 16.5 rim :). Main reason I run R6 calipers.

8. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

you can. I run 320 brembo's on my 16.5 kit wheels (ZX7RR) but of course it has the Brembo monobloc $$$ calipers :)

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Did you try with stock gsxr calipers?

10. maxpat82

maxpat82 Well-Known Member

the silver one is 01-05 GSXR 600/750 carrier.

01-03 are 320mm 04-05 are 310mm(or maybe 300 like the link posted mentionned)

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

SRAD (1997-2000 600, 1996-1999 750) and Hayabusa (first gen) are the same as the K model rotor mounting points. And first gen 1000, too.

12. Bobb Shyy

Bobb Shyy Probably gonna get banned

This guy has it pegged.