1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki issues stop sell on 2011 ZX-10

Discussion in 'General' started by Sweetpea, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

sorry not a tacoma guy and i sold it in early 09'...but i might get back cheaper since new owner never uses..but i gotta convince mom a 2 seater is right in my life again...i can get away with bikes via work :) this was my 2nd one..but what fun is life if you cant have toys?? (now i rock a sick stroller and a new 12,000ft race shop..give an take)

NSX #1
    [​IMG]

NSX #2
    [​IMG]

e46 M3 #1
    [​IMG]

e46 M3 #2
    [​IMG]

e46 M3 #3
    [​IMG]

HPPT i have had 2 zuma's too...and dont ask on the ZX7's..thats embarrassing...my wife said i had "car issues" i tell her.."why's it gotta be HAD?" :beer:

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D
    I've had a 94, a 95, and a 96 ZX-9R (which, as you know, are exactly the same bike) but I have good reasons. :D

3. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

that white nsx is nasty! and who's the lady in bimmer #1

4. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Beautiful cars that is an impressive collection. Very jealous they look like fun.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

love the HRE's and GTR front and the always needed black kidneys..very nice

6. ed who?

good friend of mine, Crystal. This pic was used for HIN Poster for Seattle back in 03??

7. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

What shit! I have raced Kawasaki for years and thrashed the shit out of them. I have NEVER had an issue with engine reliability. I have, however, fixed an inordinate number of other manufacturers bikes with reliability issues. No bias, it is what it is.

Kawasaki finds an issue and proactively nips it in the bud, and there is a problem? I guess people have to have something to bitch about.

8. ed who?

now now...i for one bleed green (most know that) and even our 190+rwhp ZX10 SS engines while faster than most 1000's were DEAD RELIABLE however they too have issues...i know we are not the only one that had crankcase pressure issues/oil level had to be LOW on them on the long straights..and the trans still shift like a rake in a rock garden...but yes the engines were great...now the others...anyone wanna guess how many ZX636 engines i have here laying with RIH?? (Rod Inspection Holes) from street guys/track guys?? How about the exploding clutch baskets on the 07-08 ZX6's? lets not even get into the chassis chatter...but yes..engines are pretty goddamn tough..not too many 600s make the power the 09+ does and keep its midrange..

like i said, they ALL have issues. Pick your favorite color and look and learn to ride it and deal with the issues (both bikes and women) :p

9. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Did you race an '04 ZX10R ?

Mine spit the generator shim taking the whole motor with it and had the frame crack. So did a ton of other guys bikes. They never did a recall there.

However......I'm glad they wised up this time. But I'm still not buying one just yet. If ever.

10. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

^ mine just lost power and ground to a stop making a whizzing noise. No metal in the bottom end, no other fuss.

Replaced with an '05 genny shaft (with a 'D' mark, on an 'A' clutch hub) and a junk '04 rotor, used as excuse to refresh the motor.

Wasn't happy at the time, but it wasn't the end of the world, either.

11. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

12. Mugen

Mugen Well-Known Member

Any issues with the '09 zx-6r?

13. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

+1 on the cracked frame on my street 04 zx10. Dealer told me to weld it! Called kawi canada and they offerd a new frame if I paid them to do it (15 hrs @ 90$/HR) or they would pay for the welder and spray paint it, this bike doesn't have a scratch on it never been down. They wouldn't let me do it myself, said it made them liable if somthing went wrong. Told the dealer I'd sign a waiver and bring the bike in as a rolling chassis for them to inspect under my cost after I swapped it, no dice. So I bought my own frame from a different dealer and did it myself. This is the last kawi I buy, had 3 before. Glad they're standing up for their new product but that doesn't get me back the $750 for a new frame and the hrs I put into fixing it. Still love the bike but fu kawi. My now fiance had worked at this dealer for 4 years too so I wasn't just joe blow, they knew me quite well.

14. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Not really, they have surging issues around 10k on the stock ecu though. Easily solved with a PCV/kit ecu/bazzazz.

15. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

we enduranced 06 zx10 all rounds got 2nd in hvy super wera. The engine never came apart all year. Bike was powerful and never had a engine failure. great product.

16. Mugen

Mugen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've read about the surging but I was thinking there were more problems. Good thing I was wrong.
    PCV/kit - PCV + autotune? Would Bazzazz Z-FI + Z-AFM be a good alternative to the Power Commander stuff? Using stock ECU in both cases

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  17. ed who?

nope we have a few these last two years...all make big hp for a 600 and dead reliable....only issue is the CHATTER in the chassis...its bad. Pirelli's tire seems to help a bit from my guys on them instead of say the Dunlop or Michelins.

18. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

PCV/kit wasn't mean to be together, I meant either the PCV or Kawi kit ecu. There aren't too many people using the Baz on these bikes for whatever reason so I haven't heard much about it :(

19. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Never heard of this being a problem?

I have an 07 with 5,000 track miles... no issues yet. Other than the valve cover gasket leak.

20. ed who?

yep had a few. We had one break at Mid Ohio and "a kawi employee" happened to have one on the truck as a spare because "it happens" and saved us! :up:

But it happened to another engine/rider not much longer...maybe not a big issue...but it when it happens to same model year bikes (07) to two of my bikes and then i talk to others that have seen it as well..and they keep spare baskets in the team trailers...its more than coincidence.

But then again i know guys that blew up 06 R6's left and right and others can get 50K out of one...its always a lottery.