1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCJohn, I'm sorry but you have to stay in the closet.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Good news for the US Armed Forces :up:

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

DODT...pffft who cares? They can't mess with WHOTB/SOTB. :D

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What cracks me up is they call it a 17 year old ban on gays in the military. That ban is over a 100 years old for the Navy and Army and about 65+ for the Air Force. DADT didn't get rid of the ban it just said shutup about gays and shut up about being gay.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hehe, what I want to know is what was the Roman's policy on man love?

PS: Ok what is WHOTB/SOTB? I have a feeling I will regret asking :)

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And the hypocrisy continues...

Pretty lame, in the 21 century, one can be dismissed because of his sexual orientation.

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

First off, the ban isn't 17 years old. DADT was actually a relaxing of existing ban. Secondly, now that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the SecDef have come out supporting the lifting of DADT will it actually be enforced? I mean, there are plenty of laws on the books that are not enforced. I'm sure they will follow the letter of the law, but will they actually seek to? I don't think so. Which means that all you Air Force homo's are safe now.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What Happens On The Boat Stays On The Boat. :D

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

No body seems to want to understand that whole 17 year thing.

10. Sacko DougK

Damn it......stupid phone call interuption.

11. Sacko DougK

Ever hear of the "2 TACAN rule"?

Your not married if your TACAN stations away from home plate.:D

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What part of the UCMJ do they use to discharge gays? Anyone know? There are no longer any questions on entry regarding sexual preference so I've been told. Just wondering where the prohibition is written?

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Never heard of that?

14. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

That would be innacurate. One can be dismissed because of being caught in a sexual act, openly discussing it ect...not because of sexual orientation alone.

Doug is right, I was in when DADT was implemented. It was a dramatic departure from the prior policy relaxing the standard. As a leader, I was no longer duty bound to turn in a soldier that I knew to be gay. As long as we never openly addressed the topic, I didn't have to do anything.

Life is better with DADT...way better than the prior policy.

15. Sacko DougK

Not surprising, if a sub were to navigate by using a TACAN station you'd be in deep shit. It's a radio navigation used by aircraft.

16. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Just stop with the truth telling. The LWN heads will explode.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh my! My precious ears!

Still, pretty lame.

They're presently there, they've been queer for a while, grow the fuck up! :D

18. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

Either that or you should actually understand the policy before opening your pie hole and muttering a partial truth. :up:

19. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Two things:

1) What else was in the bill? The current bill clearly had non-DADT stuff because they are now going to offer a stand alone bill.

2) If they repeal DADT, does that mean they go back to the old rules, or are they able to amend the UCMJ?

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I understand the policy, I find it absurd, childish.

One can be discharged "by statement of a reliable person" if he caught writing that he is gay (i.e a senior officer reading your mail). You can be discreet about it and still be dismissed if someone doesn't like you.

It has no moral grounds.