1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bin Laden: Dead or Alive?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Zippy1, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

OK. So we haven't seen his face in what 5 years or so? Once or twice a year an audio tape is released with someone purported to be bin Laden speaking out about killing Americans and so forth.

Of course the U.S. is quick to analyse it and determine its authenticity: that it is in fact bin Laden's voice on the tape.

Here's the question: What the f#$@?

I think he's long dead by now, but there are so many unanswered questions as to how and why we don't know.

Why would he not produce a video tape of himself delivering one of these semi-annual sermons? -- I've heard some "experts" suppose it's so that no one will be able to pinpoint where he's located by detecting certain details in the background, etc.

Gimme a break!!!

It's well documented that bin Laden had serious kidney disease that required regular dialysis treatments.

It was also reported that he was seriously injured in one of the U.S. bombings in Afghanistan several years ago ('05 maybe?). Serious in that his arm was mangled pretty badly, if I recall.

At the time, I also recall the media talking about how pale and sickly he looked the last time he was captured on tape.

Given that there would be no better PR for 'the cause' than to have him show his face on camera, rallying the troops. Could it be that by hiding his death to the world, the faithful will keep fighting on as long as their 'spiritual leader' is thought to still be among them?

Of course this begs the question: Why does the U.S. keep perpetuating the idea that bin Laden is still alive and well? Why not call the audiotapes fakes, declare him dead, and try to draw him out?

Why would the U.S. gov't want everyone to think he's still alive? Do we, Americans, really care?

Is a living bin Laden supposed to do the same for us that it does for them: Keep us focused and determined?

If he's dead, we won on that front. We kept him from directly attacking us again until he died. And he died in hiding, never to be heard from again. That's a victory in my eyes. Could the U.S. Gov't see it differently?

Haven't really seen any investigations into this question in the news. It's almost a non-issue, it seems. Not sure why.

Thoughts?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you American? It seems like you care. :D

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

bin Laden is actually Obama.

Have you ever seen them in a room together?

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, he is Muslim. Ain't he?

5. jackel151

jackel151 Well-Known Member

Hes alive and living in living in the the far western region of Xinjiang China. You ask why the chinese would harbor him? Go read the book The art of war. Its a multi fronted war fought with economics,misdirection and finally power. An enemy of my enemy and all that BS.
    Look how many resorces are waisted trying to find,track,kill this POS. Watch the ameicans spend them selfs into a huge hole while the chinese finance it. How did they meet? Remeber the cruise missiles Clinton launched on the taliban training camp. Remeber the 2 that failed to exploded. Fast forward a couple of years and the chinese have a close copy of our missile. Maybe they traded Bin Laden for free passage.
    Of course this is just my guess. But hell they havent found him yet either

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

He's long dead. The government is using him as a boogeyman to convince us of the need for the continued fight against terrorism. I think they would have preferred the propaganda coup of showing his dead body on CNN like the junior Husseins. His supporters probably burned his body with gasoline and dumped the remains in some nameless cave.

7. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Bin Laden is actually in the Federal Witness Protection Program and for the past 6 or so years has been living in Atlanta under the name Jeff and working as an accountant.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Well lets not forget the military technology that the Clinton administration handed over to the Chinese. But hey, they were nice enough to funnel money into his election campaign. Had to get paid back somehow. :up:

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Osama bin Laden is working in a Shell station on Route 1 in NJ. He filled up my car with V-power last Saturday night.

Really.

10. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

This thread is awesome. Martyr. Please continue...

11. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

No way. The Chinese don't want anything to do with Islamic jihadists at war with the U.S. Currency devaluation, corporate espionage, sure, but I don't think they'd touch something like this with a ten foot pole.

If bin Laden is alive, he's certainly hiding out in northern Pakistan with the rest of the Al Qaeda and Taliban power base. Why we're only 'allowed' the occasional drone strike in that region by our "allies", the Pakistanis, is beyond me.

I know it's complicated, but freakin A!!! Get the Pakistanis on board. The bad guys are up in the remote, mountainous, sparsely populated regions of the country. Cut them off, surround them, drive them back into Afghanistan, and kill them.

We're fighting yet another war with one hand tied behind our backs. We've given Pakistan billions of dollars to bolster their military and fight the Taliban and Al Qaeda and gotten virtually nothing in return. Enough is enough.

12. don Russo

don Russo persona non grata

As long as UBL is 'Alive', the HUNT for him will take us where ever we need to go. Watch and see.

13. Marcello1966

Marcello1966 Well-Known Member

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd vote alive but either extremely sick or injured - there has to be some reason they aren't releasing video.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He's alive and trying to buy the bones of Michael Jackson and Bubbles.

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

definitely dead. he's osama bin robinhood now. it works for both sides just perfectly. justifies us keeping up spending on the industrial military complex and keeping troops in key regions. justifies the fight from the other side. it really couldn't work out better if it was planned.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It certainly sounds simple doesn't it? Just march in there and kick his ass or kill him and It'll be over.

Well, it's not really that easy. When the Tora Bora attack was up and going we discovered that there are literally thousands of caves through that region, plus the fact that the people that live in the area are very loyal to "visitors" that come through. They will in fact, get into battles with anyone that threatens a "visitor" that's dwelling with them. (It's an honor thing) The whole region is a hot potato for us, the Afghan, and Pakistani, Governments and we simply do not have the freedom to enter the area without a major military investment.

18. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

I know. It's just frustrating having our guys taking hell from those fuckers hiding out in Pakistan. That's where the real fight is and where it should be.

The ones our guys are fighting in Afghanistan are the expendable ones. The ones being fed through Pakistan...and the supply is endless. We have to take the fight to the beast and cut off its head.

I'm obviously no military strategist, but with the use of Special Ops, drones, strategic bombing, and ground forces, I think we could do very well in Pakistan - especially if we're willing to cut them off and wait them out after the initial fighting is over and they head underground.

19. Trikky74

Trikky74 Well-Known Member

There is, oh, around 2000 years of documented history that show why this is not as simple as it seems.

The Afghani's have been used as mercenaries all over south/central Asia, and have never, ever, been conquered by an outside force.

If the USSR, with no civilian oversight, no rules, and no media interference couldn't defeat these guys how hell can we?

The war is costing much more than its worth, end it. Bring the troops home and get them ready for that crazy prick in North Korea or Iran, you pick,

Cheers

20. Trikky74

Trikky74 Well-Known Member

You would have us attack a legitimate, Muslim, Theocracy in order to accomplish what? Piss more Muslims off, or have them use their Nuclear weapons on us?

Huh?

Cheers